Esteemed Contributor

Posted on Louis' blog...I wonder if the lapis would go with the WK colorblock?  Too short for me, durn it!

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Extend-Shoulder-Sequin-Top.product.A238537.html?sc=A23853...

“A HOLIDAY TOP”

buys1

…………………Many of you may own this SEQUIN V-NECK TOP, A238537, already. I was browsing the Linea site and my eye stopped on this top….knowing some have asked if any new Holiday tops were coming. The answer to that was no….they keep passing over my sketches. I guess they feel they have that category covered with other vendors???? That aside, I thought I should bring this top to your attention. As you can see…it’s on CLEARANCE, but it’s also very limited…..so I think you should give it “another Look”. I have been told the red works well with the new Scarlet Red. Maybe those who own both and confirm this…………………….Happy Holidays ALL

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

For those interested in this clearanced top, this top has an inner lining so you may need to go up one size from your normal Linea size in this. I know I had to order a Medium and if I remember correctly had to do the same for the skirt -- usually a Medium, had to go with a Large.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Possible Holiday Top...

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

Posted on Louis' blog...I wonder if the lapis would go with the WK colorblock?  Too short for me, durn it!

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Extend-Shoulder-Sequin-Top.product.A238537.html?sc=A23853...

“A HOLIDAY TOP”

buys1

…………………Many of you may own this SEQUIN V-NECK TOP, A238537, already. I was browsing the Linea site and my eye stopped on this top….knowing some have asked if any new Holiday tops were coming. The answer to that was no….they keep passing over my sketches. I guess they feel they have that category covered with other vendors???? That aside, I thought I should bring this top to your attention. As you can see…it’s on CLEARANCE, but it’s also very limited…..so I think you should give it “another Look”. I have been told the red works well with the new Scarlet Red. Maybe those who own both and confirm this…………………….Happy Holidays ALL

@MacDUFF

Yes, this is beautiful, I got both the top and matching skirt when it first appeared.  And as @JustJazzmom said, size up.  

Louis mentions " . . . they keep passing over his sketches . . . they feel the category is covered with other vendors."  

IMO,  That is so unfair!!   I think it is Q's effort to steer buyers toward their "house" brands like, SG, IM, Logo, Denim & Co, C Wonder, etc.    

None of those brands come near to the quality, the beautiful design and style of Louis.

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

...None of those brands come near to the quality, the beautiful design and style of Louis.

Amen!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Possible Holiday Top...

[ Edited ]

I believe that is true too.  I think the designers should all have the option of designing for the holidays even though none of the other brands come close to the quality and style Louis brings in.

When I checked yesterday most if not all of the larger sizes were on waitlist and I am sure the quantity is low by now.

Valued Contributor

QVC keeps telling Louis no holiday and dress-up, but I'm watching a Susan Graver show loaded with party pieces. It's ridiculous. Do they think by refusing to buy LDO holiday designs we will switch to SG? Some of the items are nice, but to my eye they don't look any different from what I could pick up at Walmart or the mall. One metallic liquid knit cardigan/jacket was $54. I'd pay more to get a quality piece like I've been able to purchase from Linea in the past. This sequin top is the perfect example. The tiny minute sequins, the inside knit lining, the shaping - these all make this piece a terrific holiday option. I've purchased a couple sequined T's from other lines here on the Q to wear casually for holiday events like campfires on the beach (in Florida) because I wouldn't WANT to wear my special LDO there. But, I can compare the workmanship of those with this holiday top and there simply is no comparison. And, they cost the same -even at the top's original price.

They also have refused Louis' knit patterned tops - only reordered the peacock tunic this year. Yet,they load show after show with SG liquid knit prints. I have purchased some of that knit to wear as an underlayer shell, but the knit can't be equated to the poly knit pieces Louis brings to his collection. Designing a pattern for fabric is no different from painting a canvas - no two artists have the same style. 

Well, there I've had my rant for the day...Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I personally think it's worse than not giving us a nice holiday outfit. If you look at what we saw this season, it's really just variations on the same things that performed well last season. Very disappointing fall overall. I do see other lines brining in all kinds of options, but I also see them not faring all that well either. Halston, C Wonder, GILI, Isaac, LOGO...lots of clearance when they step outside of the box. 

QVC is just not yet locking down their space in the apparal market. They can't do the fast fashion turnaround of ZARA and their prices are higher for basics than what you'd find in other retail places. No incentives like good sales hurts, too.

Back to Linea--I think we're seeing the end of the leisure line (most of it is on clearance) and I think we're getting saturated with whisper knit basics. Wonder what comes next? 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I personally think it's worse than not giving us a nice holiday outfit. If you look at what we saw this season, it's really just variations on the same things that performed well last season. Very disappointing fall overall. I do see other lines brining in all kinds of options, but I also see them not faring all that well either. Halston, C Wonder, GILI, Isaac, LOGO...lots of clearance when they step outside of the box. 

QVC is just not yet locking down their space in the apparal market. They can't do the fast fashion turnaround of ZARA and their prices are higher for basics than what you'd find in other retail places. No incentives like good sales hurts, too.

Back to Linea--I think we're seeing the end of the leisure line (most of it is on clearance) and I think we're getting saturated with whisper knit basics. Wonder what comes next? 

I wonder if we are not seeing the end of Linea.  The last three years have done wonders for my budget.  I don't care for the leisure line, the pants are too short for me and cannot be lengthened, I am not fan the swing bottom WK trend and all the tunics.  I have purchased some items from Isaac because he has pants long enough for me but mostly I am back to B&M stores even if I shop on-line.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bought both the black and red skirt and top and have worn them many times.  Sad to see this line is not what it once was.  I can buy items almost identical to Linea Leisure in many B&M stores.  Sad to say there is nothing really special about these pieces.