Trusted Contributor

Re: Please Post Reviews Of Alabaster And Other Swing Sweaters A267864 Here!

I hadn't given any thought that this WK sweater in alabaster might have the same problem as last year, but after reading these posts, I took mine out (already discarded the wrappings and order slip) and low and behold, the medium that I ordered actually measures as a large according to the click here guide.  I always order a medium which fits beautifully, so I am so glad that the issue was raised. I reordered a small before they are all gone...

Honored Contributor

I make it a habit that when I receive something, I try it on, I never assume that sizing will be correct and I've been even more of a stickler to this and try the item on within 24 hours of receipt because of the stories told on these forums!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the alabaster in my usual size, medium, and it fit beautifully, which was a pleasant surprise. I didn't measure it, so I don't know if it measured larger. BUT, there was a dark mark on the front near the buttons. Have no clue what it could be & it wouldn't budge when I tried removing it. Called CS and they've marked it as "defective" and back it went today. I reordered another one in alabaster, along with the taupe--since this fit so well. Glad there's still stock of these sweaters, so we can swap out easily. That will change once it airs.

Trusted Contributor

Totally bummed here. Just got the alabaster cardi in medium. I am a perfect medium in Linea hands down. Well, this medium is HUGE! I flat measured it and compared it to the garment measurement chart and in the shoulder, crossback HPS and crossfront HPS it was 2.5 inches too big. The sweep was 75 inches vs. 62.5 for a medium. The alabaster on me was not a wow with my skin tones...no "glow". I could have lived with that if it fit me well, worn with a crisp white shirt.  I called CS about the discrepancies and told her I was marking it defective. I typed out a letter including the measures as well. 

There has to be something going on in the manufacturing department.  I thank you all who have posted and hope others get a good fit. I just don't want to chance a small. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the black swing cardigan last year and downsized from my usual medium.  This year I orderd the small in alabaster and it fits great. I also own the  short sleeve sweater in alabaster.  I stalked that sweater for months.  It was so worth it.  What a great twin set - so classy looking.

Trusted Contributor

I am another who sized down to a Small for my Charcoal Gray cardi last year.  I ordered and received the Raspberry this year also in a Small. Great fit on both of them!  The garment measurements are the same as those posted online for a Small.

Trusted Contributor

What is going on with this sweater?  I too sized down from my normal size of small to an xs based on the sizing of last year's sweater.  This alabaster xs is huge, and the click here measurements are way off.  I'm returning it, but I don't know if I should gamble with another xs or try an xxs?  It's a good thing that Linea is more popular but seems that sizing issues are more common than they ever were years ago,

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the Alabaster in XS which is my usual size and what I ordered last year in this sweater. The fit is identical. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I received the Alabaster Swing Cardigan (I already have the Alabaster S/S sweater).  Unfortunately, the bust measurement was about 3 inches bigger than the click here measurements.  I tried it on first before measuring, and it just hung on me.  I had the same problem with my first order of the Raspberry sweater, but the second order was perfect.  I just returned the swing sweater and am not reordering,