Honored Contributor

Pants to complement the new double-breasted jacket

I love Louis's new double-breasted jacket (even though I'm in the midst of exchanging mine for one size smaller).

I wanted to find some pants (for different occasions) that might do it justice. 

Yes, I have all sorts of pants but I was wondering whether anyone had bought or was planning to buy any new or special pants to complement this new jacket.

I bought the jacket in navy.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pants to complement the new double-breasted jacket

Isn't it a great little jacket. I like mine slightly oversized. 

I have to say it looks great over the black skort (I bought the white) but if I had the navy, I'd be looking for a pair of trouser-y, loose white pants. Very Katherine Hepburn meets Cate Blanchett!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

It is a great jacket.  My new size will still be a bit oversized.  (Not a fan of snug clothing.)

I forgot to mention I love pockets, so the Hepburn/Blanchett look is very much one I like.

In fact, I have some soft yellow silk trousers (actual silk, actual Hepburn-ish trousers) that would look amazing with it, but I need to get back to the size I was then (I'm on the way but not there yet). 

Thanks, @gardensla!

I'd also like some ideas for more casual looks, but still polished.  I seem to be out of good ideas at the moment.  Maybe more ideas will come tomorrow, after some caffeine.  :-)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I have the jacket in navy and white. I plan on wearing the new crop Linea leisure navy pant with the white and my Linea Leisure white pants with the navy. I also have the Linea jeans in the white, aqua and yellow which I will play with.

Respected Contributor

I have the jacket in navy and white. I plan on wearing the new crop Linea leisure navy pant with the white and my Linea Leisure white pants with the navy. I also have the Linea jeans in the white, aqua and yellow which I will play with. I love my jackets. I got the xs which is my normal size.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I'll try this little jacket in red and the blue ... for my trip to Florida in early April.

Honored Contributor

I have the jacket in the navy.  I plan to wear it with white jeans when it gets warmer.  I also plan to wear it with aubergine jeans and sweater that match with an aubergine and navy scarf.  Regular jeans and a striped t-shirt are also on the agenda.