Contributor

Re: OK, Night Owls/Early Birds: What are you ordering?

No kidding. I have to sweat it out now waiting.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the following:

oatmeal sweater 

zebra coat in tobacco

shirt jacket in alabaster

Respected Contributor

I DVR'd both shows, but happened to get up just before the early show came on.  I'm glad both the Oatmeal Hooded Top and Zebra Coat were available to order.  I ordered both, but I'd really like to see the presentation of the Zebra coat, because I'm unsure of Tobacco or Grey.  I do have the Tobacco swing sweater, and it's a very pretty color.  I know it's a good color for me (autumn), but I wonder if grey would be more practical, since it can be worn with more things.

Respected Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@ChicShopper wrote:

I'm super confused on sizing. I ordered the medium zebra coat  but maybe I need the small?

The trench was perfect in the 12 but the zebra says loose fitting and the chest measurements seem large.

Help needed thanks

It's designed to be roomy/loose fitting, so the measurements reflect that. Do you live in a climate where you might be wearing a blazer underneath it? A Medium is equivalent to a Size 10-12---so it you like the look that Louis showed on his models (there is at least 2 videos from on-air sneak peeks) then I'd stick with the Medium.

ZEBRA VIDEO  at 3;29

Thanks for the video link, Sheesh.  I also have the Clay turtleneck, shown with the Tobacco/Black Zebra coat.  I like the look of the coat on the model, so I probably will go ahead and order the Tobacco/Black coat in small.

Super Contributor

I ordered:

Zebra coat in blue (hard time choosing!!)

Hooded sweater in oatmeal

Coat I ordered tts, but I sized up on the sweater to get more length.

Honored Contributor

@ChicShopper

I see you ordered the 12 in the trench coat. I ordered the 10 and I am at least 20#'s over you. And it fit me. I would go with the Small as you did on the zebra coat if I was ordering it.

Thanks @Maxine49 & @gardensla for explaining the differences on the coats.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grr my previous post disappeared.

Sorry I don't know how to quote.. but thank you so much everyone for all your help.

JustJazzMom, thanks, I did change my order to small, now fingers crossed and holding breath until I get it (should be on Friday I hope as I upgraded the shipping)

Again, thanks everyone for being so very helpful to this Linea newbie!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Super Contributor

After much deliberation and measuring and reading Louis' posts over and over about the zebra coat sizing/fit, I changed my orders (one in gray and one in tobacco since I can't decide which one) to medium from small.  He seems to prefer sticking with the usual size one gets (medium for me) to allow for layering sweaters or thicker tops under the coat.  If the small had been 43 and the medium 45 this would never have been a dilemma for me.  However, I kept thinking back to other times (few, true) when I went down and regretted it because there was not enough "play" in the outerwear or jacket.  I may be happy when they come; I may be disappointed and out of luck if all colors and sizes are depleted.  But this is what I ultimately chose to do.  So be it (fingers crossed for good luck anyway).

Contributor

Is it crazy to want 2 color zebra coats LOL. I ordered the Blue and now drooling over the Tobacco!.