Esteemed Contributor

Re: New WK L/S sweaters have arrived!

@GraceCO: I can see that you want a 32 inch inseam, but please leave me with a petite inseam of 27-28 inches. 30 inches is way too long for the average petite length!

Honored Contributor

Perhaps it is my Alzheimer's and my memory is not intact but I seem to remember when Louis was a part of the fashion days of Spring and Fall, and he had the most exquisite garments to offer and there were many separates that worked, one with the other, and back to those we had.  There were today's special values.  I guess I just thought that and it really did not happen but for whatever reason, I see fewer and fewer quality garments from both LDO and Joan Rivers' lines, the demise of the George Simonton  line and more and more of the cookie cutter, more more of the same, Halston and Mizrahi lines.  I believe even Quacker has fewer shows than in the past, but maybe it is my dementia and I just imagine all this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

@GraceCO: I can see that you want a 32 inch inseam, but please leave me with a petite inseam of 27-28 inches. 30 inches is way too long for the average petite length!

@queendiva

Linea petites should have what works best for them too & I'm guessing LDO knows your preferences. But, you can always hem a too-long pant.

I referenced Eileen Fisher who sets their inseams at 32 and 29 for reg & petite for their slim ponte pants, so presumably, they've arrived at inseam lengths that best suit their customers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear NameAlreadyTaken. I understand what you are saying, and I think it's true. However, QVC is promoting the lines they have with Excel, and everyone else is taking a back seat to them. If you look at who they promote you will see who I mean. I don't think Louis is able to bring us the boucles, tweeds, silks, embroideries, and labor intensive garments of the past, because it would be a huge jump in price from what they were, and I can only guess the buyers don't want clothes at those high prices. I for one would gladly pay for those clothes again, and they would still be a bargain, but I know I'm in the minority. I see complaints about the prices for what is selling now. Can you imagine the complaints when the clothes are well above $150 and more? I am very happy with what I buy from Linea, and it's still the only apparel line I buy from QVC in any meaningful way. I am also a big fan of the jewelry and hosiery. I think they are the best on QVC, but that's just my opinion. I only hope Louis and Linea stay around for a veryt long time.

Respected Contributor

My three new sweaters arrived.  They are perfect.  I purchased the espresso, winter white as well as black version.  I took @gardensla advice and sized down to a small as these ENR sweaters are stretchy. Sizing down to a small was absolutely the right decision for me. I find these sweaters are long enough to belt (as Louis shows in his photo's), tuck in or just wear out and the sleeves turn up to make a nice cuff.  Of course these sweaters are another big winner from Louis Dell Olio and his Linea Collection.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered and received the Scarlet sweater. I wore the sweater last night with a black vest. I'm pretty thin, so I look better wearing something over the sweater. It was just perfect, and such a pretty color.
Respected Contributor

I love these sweaters.  I purchased the black, espresso and winter white.  I took @gardensla advice and sized down from medium to small.  The small was perfect for me.  These sweaters are even better than I thought they would be as well as so versatile. They are long enough that you can belt and the sleeves can be cuffed.  I hope Louis brings these sweaters back in additional color.