Respected Contributor

Re: New WK L/S sweaters have arrived!

Can anyone with long arms and/or a long torso chime in on how this fits pretty please? The sleeves on his turtleneck are too short and I have to push them up so they don't look silly. Are you all ordering your usual WK size?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marlyn1@Beccaboone2

I know what she means. The ENR does feel and hang differently than the WK he used for the older, classic sweaters such as the turtleneck and the v-neck.

I like them both, but I do agree that there is a difference.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

I have both sweaters and for me, also long arms, the same problem persists. I like these new ones so much that I'll just push them up, but if you found the turtleneck sleeve and body length unaccepable, you will likely not find these work for you.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@gardensla
Thanks so much for answering me. I will have to think about if I want to have to push up the sleeves. Maybe I'll try on the turtleneck again - can't remember how it fit in the body but I do remember wishing it was a little longer.
Respected Contributor

My Scarlet sweater arrived today, and I usually get a L in the ENR but sized up to the XL.  It fits ok, a bit big in the chest and the sleeves hang off my fingertips so I'll have to push up or cuff.  But....the color and neckline are gorgeous, the length is just ok, an inch longer it would have been perfect for me (5'4" and short waisted).  I am going to "make it work" because I love it.

It looks wonderful under the Scarlet swing cardi, wow.  And under many, many other coats and jackets, wonderful.  Of course now I want more but will restrain myself as I usually have to do with all things Linea.  But then again i wear Linea probably every single day.

Missed the show today but went back and watched the recording and finally gave in and ordered the poncho.  I don't know about it but the drama is very appealing!

Esteemed Contributor

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

Got my scarlet yesterday.  I hate to say I am disappointed, but I am.  I don't think I care for this heavier WK - I much prefer the other one Louis uses more.  My regular size fits, and it is stretchy, but I prefer a more relaxed fit in most things, and even if I went up a size (which would be too big), it still would be more of a closer body fit.  It's going back, sadly.  I can't say enough how much I LOVE this scarlet color, and this overall style.  I wish Louis had done it in the "regular" WK.

The other part - and this has nothing to do with Louis - my sweater arrived DAMP!  It is the most bizzare thing - the INSIDE of the bag the sweater was in was wet.  Not the bag it was shipped in, but the clear plastic bag the sweater comes in.  I could actually see droplets of water.  The shipping bag was dry, inside and out, and it had not been in water near my front door since there was no water for it to be in!  The sweater itself was damp, and smelled a bit musty.  I hate to even think about how it got that way.  Ugh.

@Beccaboone2 Be sure to call CS and describe the condition of this sweater.  This definitely qualifies as "defective" and they should pay shipping both ways.  So sorry this happened to you!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I purchased in the new sweater black, winter white and espresso.  I sized down from medium to small as I sometimes do in Linea sweaters.  These sweaters are supposed to be very stretchy.  When they are stretchy, I have learned to size down.  I ordered the Chanel type sweaters in medium.  They were large so I reordered in small.  It was a much better fit.  I hope I did not make a mistake.

Esteemed Contributor

My scarlet sweater arrived today just as the Linea show ended.  I had put a white on check order because I wanted to check the fit before I ordered more than one, but I was worried about size availability after the show.  There was no tracking info whatsoever, but suddenly it arrived by USPS. 

I ordered an XS because that's the size that worked for me in A257382, the ENR short sleeve sweater.   I was hoping that the fit would be similar, and it is. It skims the body and hangs well without being tight.  If anyone is wondering about the weight of the new sweater and you have the short sleeve, they are the exact same WK fabric. Since I'm just 5'2", there are no length issues, except for the usual "sleeve too long" problem, but I'll just push them up a bit.  I cancelled the check order and went for the 3 EZ pays on the white.  All in all, I'm very happy with this sweater and hope they sell enough that we get more colors next year.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Author wrote:

My Scarlet sweater arrived today, and I usually get a L in the ENR but sized up to the XL. It fits ok, a bit big in the chest and the sleeves hang off my fingertips so I'll have to push up or cuff. But....the color and neckline are gorgeous, the length is just ok, an inch longer it would have been perfect for me (5'4" and short waisted). I am going to "make it work" because I love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@author Measure those sleeves from the shoulders. I suspect it's been mislabeled as an XL. And it shouldn't be big in the chest or sleeves hanging down at fingertips.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I will measure!  But, XL sweaters tend to dwarf me in my arms, too wide, too long.  But I'll check and see how it compares to the  chart.  I don't want to have the bother of a return, can take in the sleeve width and turn up a cuff.  Definitely would order down if I get another to a L, my usual size in WK ENR sweaters.  Thanks!