Frequent Contributor

Re: New Trapeze Wire Cuff in 4 Colors

I received the matte gold today, and it fits well, almost a smidge big. I wear an actual bracelet length of 7 and 1/2 inches to 8 inches, so I would say the item description of "average to large" is spot on by QVC standards. 

Valued Contributor

My chocolate cuff arrived today. What a splendid match to the falling leaves necklace set. Continues that open work feel. As to size. I'm not where I can measure it. I will later. I was concerned whether this would really fit "medium to large" wrists. I usually order a large in QVC cuffs or bangles and this fits. But, I think a smaller wrist will also be comfortable wearing this. I think whether this cuff works or not for you depends on if you have a fairly round wrist or one that is extremely oval, as I have.

I have a wide wrist, not necessarily a large wrist. Basically my wrist is large across the wrist (measuring from side to side of the wrist), but small from top of the wrist to bottom. When I order a round bangle/cuff that clears my wrist side to side, there is like an 1" to spare on top.

So, if your wrist is wide but flat and you usually prefer ovals for this reason, you probably can wear this cuff. However, when I look at the distance from the top of the cuff's curve to the ends of cuff (the bottom of the bracelet) it is small. This is why I want to measure it with my calipers rather than just the circumference. On a side note, you can pull it a bit more open/wider, but you will need both hands and will only be able do it once to your preferred fit. It is not flexible enough to squeeze shut and pull open each time you wear it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with @DebPA3 regarding the fit, my chocolate cuff fit exactly like you said and I love the look very suble but classy.  I wish I could scoop another but the last time I checked they were sold out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was sad about my too-tight chocolate bracelet, measured my wrist and it is a smidge less than 7".  I decided to go for it, got out the new bracelet and gently but firmly opened it up about 1/2" and voila!  It is perfect now, goes on not easily but easily enough (it was all but impossible in its original shape), and even has a small but nice languid drape.

Perhaps if you think it would be TOO LARGE for your wrist you could bend it into a smaller size???  Just a thought.

I love it with my rose gold Ripka jewelry, and its simplicity in design is a nice foil for anything more intricate.  It is a super bracelet, perhaps it will be re-ordered.  I believe this chocolate will work with gold or silver too.

Of course now I see more Linea jewelry in chocolate in my future.....

Valued Contributor

@author, I see LDO chocolate in your future, too! The color of Louis' chocolate jewelry is the best. I've purchased some Vicenza, but it is not nearly as "glowing" as Linea.

Respected Contributor

@diamondscribe

You are right, the chocolate is SO lovely!  It gleams and glows.  

I am wearing it now with a gold ring set with diamonds and 3 large fire citrines, almost root beer colored, and it works.  The bracelet is peeking out from the slim long sleeve of my olive wk swing sweater.  Very nice, I'm very happy I decided to open the cuff up and keep it!

Esteemed Contributor

@diamondscribe wrote:

My chocolate cuff arrived today. What a splendid match to the falling leaves necklace set. Continues that open work feel. As to size. I'm not where I can measure it. I will later. I was concerned whether this would really fit "medium to large" wrists. I usually order a large in QVC cuffs or bangles and this fits. But, I think a smaller wrist will also be comfortable wearing this. I think whether this cuff works or not for you depends on if you have a fairly round wrist or one that is extremely oval, as I have.

I have a wide wrist, not necessarily a large wrist. Basically my wrist is large across the wrist (measuring from side to side of the wrist), but small from top of the wrist to bottom. When I order a round bangle/cuff that clears my wrist side to side, there is like an 1" to spare on top.

So, if your wrist is wide but flat and you usually prefer ovals for this reason, you probably can wear this cuff. However, when I look at the distance from the top of the cuff's curve to the ends of cuff (the bottom of the bracelet) it is small. This is why I want to measure it with my calipers rather than just the circumference. On a side note, you can pull it a bit more open/wider, but you will need both hands and will only be able do it once to your preferred fit. It is not flexible enough to squeeze shut and pull open each time you wear it.

@diamondscribe I think you hit the nail on the head as to who this cuff fits/works for.  I ordered in spite of my very small (5 1/2 in.) wrist and  have no worry that it will slip off of my wrist.  I do have a very oval wrist as per your description.  Fortunately I was able to order two more colors after my original cuff arrived.  They came today, and I couldn't be more happy with them.

@author So glad that you were able to tweak yours and get the fit you needed!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett