Esteemed Contributor

Is posted on Louis's blog I'm not good at posting the pictures but I'm sure one of the Linea ladies will the color combos are beautiful to say the least.

I am definitely sold on the charcoal grey/prussian blue; but the fuschia/spruce green is also on my radar.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Sweater Coat!

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Is posted on Louis's blog I'm not good at posting the pictures but I'm sure one of the Linea ladies will the color combos are beautiful to say the least.

I am definitely sold on the charcoal grey/prussian blue; but the fuschia/spruce green is also on my radar.

@Luvitorleaveit1  Thanks for the heads-up on Louis'  new Item A282504! Smiley Happy   I just looked at the sweater coat on Louis' blog . . . and I like the charcoal & blue combo too, of course, actually, I like all of them [lol] . . . Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE the grey/blue...

“THE CHARCOAL GREY & PRUSSIAN BLUE SWEATER CARDIGAN/COAT”

poncho2

………………….A282504, is my new FAUX SHETLAND CARDIGAN/COAT. The color Combination above is HEATHER CHARCOAL GREY and PRUSSIAN BLUE. Many of you know the yarn from the PONCHO, CARDIGAN and V-NECK sweaters, [which has been reordered]. The yarn for this cardigan/coat is exactly the same, a blend of 83% acrylic and 17% nylon. It is this blend of yarns that gives the heather Shetland effect that you could only previously find in Shetland WOOL sweaters…………….The difference between this cardigan and the previous sweaters is…..the yarn has been plied to give the cardigan/coat more substance and body. The cardigan/coat has 4 ENDS OF YARN plied together and knitted on the 5gg machine, as opposed to one ply used for the other styles. This makes the garment heavier and more SUBSTANTIAL, which makes it drape perfectly. When I use the word heavier don’t think this is a heavy garment….it is not, but again, it is heavier than the previous styles made in this yarn. I call this a CARDIGAN/COAT because in many areas of the country this is all the coat they will need for the weather. In colder climates it will be an early coat and then later when it really gets cold you can easily wear a coat over it……. So many long cardigans I see look very flimsy and though they may be light in weight they start to look shabby after a few wearings and washings, and I’ve even seen them develop holes due the the thinness and fragility of the knit. They also tend to CURL at the bottom and at the edges. This will not happen to this sweater. I do not find this yarn itchy. Due to the high percentage of acrylic I find it very soft….but…..there are women who are super sensitive, and find the fuzziness and texture to itch. The FUZZINES and TEXTURE is what makes a Shetland a Shetland….Since the V-neck has been reordered in this yarn I would have to think, for the majority of women, it’s not a problem, and they love it. The cardigan/coat is approx. 38 inches long for the xs………The coat has CONTRAST COLOR BORDERS and a CONTRAST COLOR COLLAR. The sleeves, hem, front and pockets are all trimmed in the contrast color……in this case Prussian Blue…….Another wonderful feature of this cardigan is the SILVER TWO WAY ZIPPER, so you can wear the cardigan any way you choose. The HEATHER CHARCOAL GREY WK TN, A72448, and the H.Charcoal GREY Super Ponte Pant, A268216, blend perfectly with the cardigan. Silver accessories are a natural………To change it up I would suggest the HEATHER CHARCOAL GREY WK SKIRT, now avail., worn with the H.C.GREY TIGHTS, A260016 [now on clearance!]. Another alternative is the H.CHARCOAL GREY LEGGING, A260034, new this season and avail now……Navy pants or Jeans will look great with the H.C. Grey/ Persian Blue for another casual way to go……………………………………………

………………………………enjoy……………….much Love………………………….Louis

“THE WINE & SPICE CARDIGAN/COAT”

poncho4

……………………………………….WINE trimmed in SPICE gives the CARDIGAN/COAT a beautiful rich autumnal look…..It reminds me of autumn decorations that have been “frosted”…..Also, I am showing it here BELTED with a peanut brittle calf belt for another way to wear it………..I am layering the cardigan with the WK AUBERGINE TN and the new WINE LEGGING, A260034. If you already own the Aubergine WK skirt you have another way to wear it.  I have also used the wine beret and gloves to add contrast and depth to the outfit. The BROOCH at the neck is J273587, but unfortunately it just recently sold out………..You can see in the photos some different ways you can unzip the cardigan………..A saddle color or wine shoulder bag  and coordinating boots is all you need to finish the look. Dark brown accessories, bag and boots, will look great too………………….enjoy………………much Love……………………….Louis

“THE UMBER & BRICK RED CARDIGAN COAT”

poncho6

……………………UMBER and BRICK RED is a wonderful unexpected combination, and purely “Designer”. In the photos above I have chosen the new CREAM WK TN, A72448 which picks up the heather umber yarn color and adds a softness. It also looks wonderful with the Brick Red…….For bottoms, there are the NEW DARK UMBER BOOT CUT PANTS, A268216 or the NEW DARK UMBER LEGGINGS, A260034. Two very different looks both in the same color. Other colors that would work well are the Light Khaki and Espresso or Walnut Brown. Draped over her shoulders is the WK BRICK RED SCARF that many of you already own.. Once again I have used the brooch to anchor the scarf to the cardigan………I love the cardigan just zipped at the neck with the front left open showing the cream TN……yet another way to wear it…………………enjoy………………much Love………………………….Louis

“THE SPRUCE GREEN & FUCHSIA CARDIGAN/COAT”

poncho3

……………..The fourth and final color combination is the SPRUCE GREEN and FUCHSIA combination. This combination reminds me two  Tartan plaids that are predominately Spruce Green with Fuchsia accents….They are the US Oregon State Tartan and the US New Hampshire State Tartan…….I really didn’t realize that some US states have their own tartans!…The NEW SPRUCE GREEN TN work perfectly with the cardigan/ coat, and the Hunter green legging. Thought the Spruce and Hunter Greens don’t match, they do blend well together when broken with another color so they aren’t right next to each other…..BTW, if you happen to own  the Fuchsia WK TN from years passed…..that works beautifully too……I would venture a guess and say the cerise Skirt from seasons past may work also, but I no longer have the sample to check. Another piece that is now avail. and  will work beautifully with this cardigan is the Hunter Green Swing TN, and if you own the Hunter Green WK pant and WK Hunter Green scarf you will have even more to wear with it…….Your Linea wardrobe keeps growing mixing the old with the new……making it all new again…..I wanted you to see how well the collar works when unzipped in the photos above, because I know that is always a consideration for many women……Simple silver jewelry like your SILVER LARIAT or your triple or single bar necklaces [the single bar will be coming back for a third time in early spring!]…..or your new TRAPEZE SILVER necklace, and you Silver Dingle Dangle necklace will or look great enhansing and giving verve to your new long cardigan/coat…………………………………………….enjoy…………….much Love……………………..Louis

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Love this Sweater Coat!  Wine / Spice and Umber / Brick Red are my favourite colour options!

Respected Contributor

I love this sweater coat!  Looks warm enough with layering to be very useful in the colder weather too.  I honestly love the grey/blue and the spruce/fuschia equally.....what to do......  Guess I'll wait for the show and something will help me decide!

Stunning sweater, looks very sophisticated yet casual too.  The magic Louis touch!

Honored Contributor

I have been waiting for this.  The umber/red is my favorite combo but I have nothing to wear with that.  For me it is between the grey/blue or the green/fuschia.  Leaning toward the green/fuschia.  

Respected Contributor

I think the grey/blue would be more practical for me and would go with more of my wardrobe, but the green/fuschia is such a different and a bit unexpected look, flattering shades too.  I might have to go in that direction......

Respected Contributor

I hope the newer people don't get confused with the word "coat" on this one.  Maybe it has already been mentioned elsewhere, but if this is the same fabric as the prior "shetland" cardigans, it is very lightweight.  I loved the fabric and will order this new item also, but just didn't want anyone thinking it would be a hefty coat.

Respected Contributor

I think Louis explained it very well that it could serve as  a coat in southern states where it doesn't get very cold.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I hope the newer people don't get confused with the word "coat" on this one.  Maybe it has already been mentioned elsewhere, but if this is the same fabric as the prior "shetland" cardigans, it is very lightweight.  I loved the fabric and will order this new item also, but just didn't want anyone thinking it would be a hefty coat.

@santorini - Louis addresses the difference between the previous Shetland Sweaters - and this New Sweater Coat as follows:

" The difference between this cardigan and the previous sweaters is…..the yarn has been plied to give the cardigan/coat more substance and body. The cardigan/coat has 4 ENDS OF YARN plied together and knitted on the 5gg machine, as opposed to one ply used for the other styles. This makes the garment heavier and more SUBSTANTIAL, which makes it drape perfectly. When I use the word heavier don’t think this is a heavy garment….it is not, but again, it is heavier than the previous styles made in this yarn. I call this a CARDIGAN/COAT because in many areas of the country this is all the coat they will need for the weather. "