Respected Contributor

Thanks for the explanation, Seka.

Honored Contributor

NICE!!!  Not a bad color in the bunch for sure.  Love the grey/plum, grey/blue too.

Long sweaters like this and longer boyfriend sweaters are such the rage nowadays.  You see them here, everywhere out in the marketplace.

There will be a really nice cable stitch for a Nov Denim & Co TSV that I already ordered in red.  It's in the advance purchase stage so I won't be getting it any time soon - bummer for me!  Would LOVE to have it now!!!

This one by Louis is gorgeous!!!

Respected Contributor
Think I like the looks of this sweater coat. I have a couple if the sweaters, like LDO said it is soft and light weight. Hope for same from this item even though I know will be a little thicker knit. Also like the double zip zipper.

While the D&C sweater looks nice, I don't know how how the button holes will hold up. Guess it will depend on how close to body it fits. I have an idea for price point they will stretch out of shape after awhile.
Esteemed Contributor

I own several sweater coats that were purchased many years ago from other designers and mostly all of them are opened no buttons or maybe one button on the top and no zippers the ones I have with buttons after awhile the button holes start looking warped.

This sweater coat will be great especially on the weekends with so much running around in and out of the car and going to the stores.  Most of the time when I wear my regular coats to the store they get so hot.

Trusted Contributor

Love the idea of this and the colors but it is an easy pass for me as I absolutely hated this itchy faux wool fabric in the tunic sweater version, even when layered.  It sure is pretty though.  Hope those ladies who purchase this one enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Sweater Coat!

[ Edited ]

I honestly don't think that can be helped with knits and button holes. After a while with use they all look that way. I have found it does help if the buttons are thin and not thick ones.

Trusted Contributor

I am looking at this coat as a Christmas present for our daughter in law.  (She doesn't read this forum!)  I would love it for myself but already have plenty of toppers, including some of the earlier wool boucle fabric.

I bought last year's poncho in this fiber and had absolutely no problems with it.  I liked it so much I went back for a second color.  We keep our thermostat set low in the winter months, and it was very cozy to wear indoors.

Respected Contributor

I like the wine/spice version.  It will look good over the wine and the tobacco v neck swing sweaters that I am going to buy during the morning on Monday.  I am sure I will buy everything when they post Louis's new clothing after midnight.  During the show his clothing is like a moving object.  I hope they post the coat after midnight also so I can just watch his presentations calmly.

Honored Contributor

the coat is up and on four easy pays

http://www.qvc.com/Linea-Leisure-by-Louis-DellOlio-Double-Zip-Long-Cardigan.product.A282504.html?sc=...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Sweater Coat!

[ Edited ]

For those who are getting this, how are you choosing your size? Are you staying with your usual Linea siziing? The sizing of the faux shetland v-neck sweater? I tried to compare this to the Linea Leisure hooded dress from last year and for medium, the LL hooded dress had a chest measurement of 41. The faux shetland coat cardigan is 43.5 inches.  Would love to hear some suggestions. Thanks!