Trusted Contributor

New Super Ponte Jacket

[ Edited ]
“THE HEATHER CHARCOAL SUPER PONTE BLAZER”

Milano1

…………………………..THE HEATHER CHARCOAL SUPER PONTE BLAZER, A269123……is a beautifully tailored and constructed garment…….As you can see from the photographs the lapel, collar and sleeves are in FAUX LEATHER which makes it very contemporary and of the moment. There are PRINCESS SEAMS front and back plus BODY DARTS in the front for an exacting fit. The SHAPE glides over the body…..following the lines of the body….for an elongated look. I would call this a “semi fitted” jacket as it is not cinched in at the waist…. This jacket is numerically sized, and the size 6 is approx. 29 1/2 inches to the front point. The jacket then gradually gets shorter to the back.. The blazer has ONE BUTTON, and has a small spread or “cut away” at the bottom. There are SET IN BAND POCKETS, beautifully top stitched around each one……The jacket is a combination of a new SUPER PONTE and a beautiful quality of FAUX LEATHER………This Super Ponte is a blend of 66%rayon, 29%nylon and 5% spandex. This is the same fabric as the BOOT CUT PANT, A268216, that is avail now. The ENTIRE JACKET is LINED in a KNIT made in 100% RAYON……Ladies…this is a QUALITY jacket all the way….from the outside to the inside. Did I say the sleeves were TOTALLY LINED too…..well it’s worth repeating. Any Ponte that is primarily Rayon instead of polyester….I put in the SUPER PONTE category. It is almost the same blend as the Super Ponte that I used in the elongated jacket and legging…however, this fabric isn’t as heavy, but heavier than my Linea Ponte fabric that I have used many times in the past……The faux leather looks and feels like real leather, and using the faux gives you the ability to MACHINE WASH this garment which would not be possible if it were real…I know there are some of you who have an aversion to faux leather, but it has come a long way from the very plastic faux leathers of the past…..There are still many qualities of faux leather out there to choose from, and this is a superior quality….If this jacket were in any designer boutique, as is,  it could easily have at the very least a $1200 price tag and more…..it looks that expensive……The front seams are all top stitched as well as the collar and lapel to accentuate the line and shape of the jacket…….The sleeve has no adornment so any alterations needed would be an easy task…….I have simply paired the jacket with the matching BOOT CUT pant, and the A72448 Turtleneck in the new  CHARCOAL GREY which is a HEATHER, but you would order it as Charcoal Grey….It is a very CUSTOM DESIGNER LOOK to have a matching HEATHERED SUIT with a MATCHING HEATHERED SWEATER…..You have the TN, TANK and LONG SLEEVE V-NECK……all of which come in the HEATHER CHARCOAL GREY, [even thought it may just say charcoal grey….they are all the heather grey], and will work with this jacket and pant….Then to extend your wardrobes….add the CHARCOAL HEATHER SWING CARDIGAN, A267864, is avail. for a soft suiting look………On her ear the BOLD HOOP IN GUNMETAL, J288005…..around her neck the single BAR necklace, J325471, also in GUNMETAL……Think how DESIGNER you will look with the Charcoal ZEBRA coat tossed over your shoulder!………This is CLASS………………..This may be a jacket “of the moment”, but it will be in style for many many years to come because of it’s modernity………It’s time to try something different……A CLASSIC with a TWIST……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

……………………………………enjoy…………………………..much Love…………………………………Louis

“THE MERLOT SUPER PONTE BLAZER”

Milano2

……………………………The SUPER PONTE BLAZER, A268123,………will also be offered in…..MERLOT and BLACK……..There is a RIDING look to this jacket, and it would look fabulous with my BLACK LINEA BODY LEGGING and a pair of fabulous Black Calf Riding Boots. Above, I have it shown with my must have IVORY RIBBED TN, A259110, [the classic TN, A72448, in ivory is also now back in inventory], and the BOOT CUT PANT in BLACK, A268216…….Around her neck….the LARIAT in GOLD,J325469,  and the BOLD HOOP, J288005, also in GOLD…….Paired with a pencil skirt and you are ready for more dressed up occasions…Switch to a pair of black jeans for more casual outings………………simple yes……..but simply fabulous……..If you are going to add another jacket to you collection of jackets …..make it something SPECIAL………………………………enjoy…………………………………..much Love……………………………….Louis

Milano2

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Super Ponte Jacket

[ Edited ]

Oh, mama, this is coming to my house! Love both colors!

ETA: @islandgrrl, be sure to check out this wine option!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Re: New Super Ponte Jacket

[ Edited ]

Oh my. I was really looking forward to getting another Linea jacket, but frankly, I'm disappointed. The faux leather trim just ruins it for me. Even if the "faux" were real, I wouldn't like that look. What's with all the faux leather trim this year?? All the designers seem to be doing it.

For those of you who like the leather trim (faux or real) I'm sure you'll love this jacket. I'm very satisfied with all the wonderful jackets & outerwear Louis has brought us this season--the trench, moto leather jacket, quilted jacket and very soon, the zebra. All gorgeous and my closet is overlfowing with these beauties. It's been a banner year for jackets, so no complaints here. Now bring on the zebra!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not fond of the faux leather either but the big problem for me is that I think this style won't look good on me because I'm only 5'3". The jacket will just be too long and the sleeves could be a problem. I bought the leather Moto jacket and that's really sharp so I'll content myself with that.

Valued Contributor

Have to agree. It is very long, and I don't think the faux leather will be long for this world. I kind of like it on the collar, but not on the sleeves. I did buy the hoodie, think it is cute and kind of an edgy look on that piece. But on a jacket such as this- I don't think it fits. I know I am not a world renowned designer, but I would be the one wearing it, so in this case, my opinion is the one that counts, so please don't sharpen the knives! I know it will probably be super popular, and I hope that those who purchase it love it and wear it well.

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack

Just FYI...IF this is the same merlot as the leisure raglan top, it's a rusty color...fall/earthy color...imho.  The merlot leisure raglan color looks nothing like the color in this jacket on my computer/LDO's blog.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF, I totally agree. The new jacket in Merlot seems to have more pink and less brown than the raglan top. Interesting. I have heard several vendors comment that TPTB on QVC do the actual naming of the colors, not the designers. I can't see LDO calling two different colors the same name, but I can see Q doing it. Woman Surprised

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack

Maybe some one will ask LDO on his blog!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Love the monotone look in the charcoal grey but I will pass on the jacket I'm not into the faux leather craze but I'm sure this will work for others.

Valued Contributor

I love the shape and length of the jacket but I dont like faux leather.  It reminds me of his riding jacket from a few years ago.  I still have that one and still wear it.  It came in red and beige and I stalked and stalked and it never returned