Honored Contributor

I, too, have the riding jacket from a few years ago.  I bought a similarly cut and made jacket in charcoal last year and some Eileen Fisher pants that perfectly matched the jacket from Off The Rack (I think).  So, no longer working and having about 30 jackets, I will pass on this one but the merlot color is pretty.  I am not big on mixed media at best, however.

Valued Contributor

@namealreadytaken I am also sure if Louis had his way he would use real leather, washable or not.  QVC has really driven all their product lines to faux.

They lost me on that one.  I see faux in the stores and I can always tell no matter the price point.Anyone who likes faux leather will enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

All of the other Linea garments from this year having the faux leather are getting very good reviews.  Many don't want to wear the skin of a dead animal!  I like this jacket and find it to be very edgy. I just don't need yet another jacket.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear leather (except for shoes and only when I can't find something else) so I'm happy to see some faux offered. No, it's not for everyone and I totally get why--faux leather generally does look fake, but I'm okay with that. I love the hoodie so I'm going to try this in grey. I think it looks like Rag and Bone or Vince (either of which would have a 300+ price tag, even in faux). I think we all appreciate that LDO tries to do something for everyone and along with his classics, offers affordable trend pieces to enjoy for a season or two. The bad thing is that if you pass on this, he'll just tempt you with something else. Devil!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: New Super Ponte Jacket

[ Edited ]

@cotto22 wrote:

Have to agree. It is very long, and I don't think the faux leather will be long for this world. I kind of like it on the collar, but not on the sleeves. I did buy the hoodie, think it is cute and kind of an edgy look on that piece. But on a jacket such as this- I don't think it fits. I know I am not a world renowned designer, but I would be the one wearing it, so in this case, my opinion is the one that counts, so please don't sharpen the knives! I know it will probably be super popular, and I hope that those who purchase it love it and wear it well.

@cotto22

So well said. Your point about the faux leather looking "edgy and cute" on the hoodie, but not on this jacket, is a good one. Maybe if the faux leather was just on the collar, but not the sleeves, I could nudge myself to try it. And, while it's true, we are not designers, we ARE customers and we know what we like or don't like. I appreciate your candor and honest opinion.

Valued Contributor

Look, you have to try when something speaks to you.  I LOVED the long jacket with the assymetrical zipper (A236145)  and the matching skinny pants.  I absolutely loved the suit, but the material pilled like crazy from the first wearing.  It didnt change my buying habits, I just made notation of the fabric and will avoid it in the future.

I only purchase LDO from Q so I am always interested in his new designs.  I appreciate his design skill and I agree not everything is for everyone.

I have quite a few of his all leather and suede jackets from years past, which is why I am sure that the faux decision wasnt his.  I have also avoided all the leather and suede jackets with the inset panels.  They are lovely, just not for me.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Super Ponte Jacket

[ Edited ]

I typed the item number Linea placed on their web site on QVC web site and Linea's jacket did not come up.    What was shown using that item number was Aimee Kestenberg Pebble Leather Quilted Satchel. 

Someone needs to let Linea's web site know there is a problem. 

Respected Contributor

I bought an adorable faux leather jacket from Seth Aaron that looks just like real leather.  I was shocked at how real it was.  The best part is it was lighter than other leather jackets.