Honored Contributor

Re: New Ribbed Sweater Up for Order

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

I ordered winter white and burnt orange.

I went up from an XS to a SM for a roomier fit as the chest on this seems a bit small. We'll see if I'm right!

I came here to ask that question, if anyone felt like they wanted to go up in order to give more room for layer if desired. You answered before I asked, I think. I want more of that Fisherman look from the 1980s and the look promoted by the boho attire.

Esteemed Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I ordered winter white and burnt orange.

I went up from an XS to a SM for a roomier fit as the chest on this seems a bit small. We'll see if I'm right!

I came here to ask that question, if anyone felt like they wanted to go up in order to give more room for layer if desired. You answered before I asked, I think. I want more of that Fisherman look from the 1980s and the look promoted by the boho attire.

I plan to wear mine over skinny jeans and leggings with over the knee boots or at least tall boots, so went for something a bit roomier. I would not normally order anything with a 38" chest circumference but I'm after a certain look!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Has anyone received this sweater?  I just looked at my order status and my three are out for delivery.  Can't wait to try them on!

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini

Lucky you! I live in LA so mine won't be here until the end of the week.

Please, please come back and tell us about sizing and fit!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

Received it today.  Wear a medium in whispher knit tops, ordered the large and love it. Room for layering and alone--perfection.  This is not something to be form-fitting, in my opinion.  Hope this helps.  Need to order another.

Valued Contributor

Mine in orange was just delivered to my desk. I won't be able to review fit until I get home this evening. But, oh my, the color is even better than the photos and video. Looking at the sweater in real life, it has a bit more red in the orange than the photos looked, which I like. Also, the thread is wonderful. If any of you embroider, the yarn in this knit has that luminous quality that embroidery thread has. Not shiny. Just a bit of luminous glow. I like it so much, I made need to get the navy also. The camel I had delivered to the house, so it is arriving later.

I am impressed with the knit. And, for Florida Linea Ladies, I think this works for us. It is substantial, but airey (for lack of finding the correct word right now, LOL). It's not weighty where you would feel it pressing on your skin in Florida temps. I slid my hand and arm under the knit to check the breathability of the knit. I will confirm this after trying on this evening.

Respected Contributor

Mine in white arrived and it is exactly what I wanted it to be!  I wear a L in WK's and ordered this in my normal XL for tops at QVC and it fits just how it should, loose but not baggy, nicely through the shoulders, no pulling at the hips.  It looks very expensive, very.  I might have to get this in navy too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My burnt orange pullover arrived and it is very nice -- almost as weighty as the ENR WK fabrics but this has lovely ribbing. I went with my usual Small in Linea sweater tops and might consider another color! It's that good!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@diamondscribe and everyone else!

Thanks for your reviews! Diamondscribe - You know I was waiting to hear what you thought of it - especially the weight for Florida. The color of the burnt orange sounds beautiful. I will wait to get mine and try it on to make sure I ordered the right size though before I order any others. I got the same size I do in WK sweaters and not sure if I should've sized up. If I really like it, I'm not sure which other color(s) I'd get though. I truly love them all!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
@diamondscribe and everyone else!

Thanks for your reviews! Diamondscribe - You know I was waiting to hear what you thought of it - especially the weight for Florida. The color of the burnt orange sounds beautiful. I will wait to get mine and try it on to make sure I ordered the right size though before I order any others. I got the same size I do in WK sweaters and not sure if I should've sized up. If I really like it, I'm not sure which other color(s) I'd get though. I truly love them all!

I stayed with my usual size as I do not intend to wear another blouse below it. The sleeve length on me is almost at where my hand begins and if I had gone for a Medium, the sleeves would have been too long. I just now ordered the camel & navy colors.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼