Trusted Contributor

New: Nubby Knit Skirt and Top

“THE BLACK & WHITE NUBBT KNIT TOP”

Milano15

…………………..I am always on the search for fabulous new fabrics that all of you can add to your existing wardrobes to freshen them up……This NUBBY KNIT is a FIND!!…..The NUBBY KNIT top, A268133, is a 44%polyester, 34% acrylic and 22% cotton blend. It has a lot of texture, which for me. makes it wonderfully rich and expensive looking…..a true designer fabric. The hand, though textured, is soft and pliable. This is not a loose open knit. It is very stable. If you have had any experience with fabrics like these you know exactly what I mean……These types of fabrics are the backbone of a Chanel line……..THE TOP…..has an easy shape and fit and follows the line of the body through the top and then gently FLARES out slightly. I think the photos above show this very well. The front has PRINCESS SEAMS to give this very flattering shape….for any body type.. It has LONG SLEEVES and an OPEN JEWEL NECKLINE which is piped in KNIT. The top is approx. 24 inches long to the Center Front. I say center front because the top has a HIGH/LOW hem…..not terribly exaggerated, but it gives the top a graceful flow from front to back. Again, the photos above show this very well…….The length and proportions of this top work very well over all types of bottoms…..from WK skirts, short and long….to the matching NUBBY KNIT skirt shown above [we’ll get to that later]. Pants…..any style you would like can work with this top from super slim to super wide and everything in between…..from ankle to culottes to long flares, boot cut and straight leg all work with this top. If you want to go more casual…BLACK JEANS would be terrific……This fabric might look like it would snag or pull easily, but it is a very tight knit and there is no reason to worry about that happening……unless you are extremely rough on your clothes, and then damage could happen to any fabric………………I was very excited to find this fabric for you, because I see it working with so many of the things you own from the past and present……I know many of you own the black and grey PINSTRIPE TROUSERS…..with this top….sensational…..Do not be afraid to mix your textures and patterns………………….My necklace of choice with this look is the DINGLE DANGLE necklace in silver [above], gunmetal or gold…..Add the BOLD HOOP ……..You will look like you spent soooooo much more than it actually costs…..That’s always a good thing……………………………….enjoy……………………………much Love………………………….Louis

“THE BLACK & WHITE NUBBY KNIT TOP & SKIRT”

Milano16

……………………I am so happy to bring to you a fabulous NUBBY KNIT that looks incredible in a SKIRT, A268135…….You should and must have some NOVELTY bottoms in your wardrobes…..if nothing else to wear with ALL of your WK sweaters…..let alone all of your jackets……….This is a very LIGHT weight fabric so I think even my Floridians can get away with this skirt. This is how I see it being worn in warmer climates…..My WING COLLAR COTTON SHIRT, A259103…..any color, but white is best, and a BLACK CARDIGAN OVER THE SHOULDER, A259706….maybe belt the shirt with a skinny black patent belt…..A WK TANK, A237404 in ivory or black, and  the same WK CARDIGAN matching or contrast…..a nude leg and a pair of black patent sling backs…..simple, elegant, timeless…My short sleeve jewel neck WK ENR sweater in BLACK, A267882 would be another good alternative…..maybe with some ivory pearls….Another wonderful choice is the new GEORGETTE SAFARI SHIRT, A267863, which is on clearance…..It is a great shirt/blouse and you shouldn’t pass it up…..great for the south or the north……Accessories of your choice…..I would choose PEARLS, J296624 or J264035 with the matching EARRING, and or JET NECKLACES, J284043 or J291535…or mix both pearls and jet for a true Chanel look….my PIN, J296894, with the large pearl center in the GOLD/CRYSTAL, GM/HEMATITE, or SILVER/CRYSTAL would be perfect…A wonderful earring to complete the look, J317111 or J317115……Color can always be substituted….like RED or PERFECTLY PINK…..you chose the accent color……so many choices………………………..The Skirt is SML……it is fully lined in a knit which has two side slits for even easier walking…..The skirt hasn’t any slits…..it’s a knit with stretch….. The waist band is a beautiful smooth elastic. It is done this way so there is absolutely no bulk, and it is super comfortable……..The skirt looks good with so many tops and jackets there are just too many to list. I would almost go as far to say it will work with almost anything…..it is that versatile………The skirt is approx 27 inches long, but due to the elastic waist you can wear it further up or down on your body to achieve the desired length you want……It’s also an easy skirt to shorten if you wish to do so….above the knee could look very HOT…. This skirt would be perfect with any of my SHEER or FANCY TIGHTS from the LACE to the HERRINGBONE to the PINSTRIPE…….I would also love the SILVER/BLACK LUREX TIGHTS with this skirt……a very RUNWAY look…..and with a shoe boot to finish it off……..Are you ready to add a little texture…..a little SALT & PEPPER to your fall wardrobes!……………………………………………enjoy……………………………………much Love……………………………………….Louis

“THE MERLOT & BLACK NUBBY KNIT TOP

Milano20

………………………………..MERLOT & BLACK is the second color I am offering in this NUBBY KNIT TOP and SKIRT………………….As a two piece dress it’s very CHIC, and solves many fit problems for those of you who need different sizes top and bottom….Also, the silhouette of this top is perfect for all body types….Pears and Apples are you paying attention!……..As a separate top it becomes a terrific sport wear piece. This top and the WING COLLAR SHIRT, A259103 or the KATE shirt, A214116, are perfect. The curved shirt bottom peaks out just enough to give you that “down town” casual look…..and can easily be worn “Uptown” with a WK skirt, A237412 or MOSS CREPE PENCIL SKIRT in BLACK, A262454……………………Trouser would also create a wonderful menswear look…………….I happen to LOVE the TRIPLE BAR NECKLACE, J325472, with this top…..it’s just the right length……For those of you who were able to get the BLACK TORSADE….that’s a great look too……………………………………enjoy……………..much Love…………………….Louis

“THE MERLOT & BLACK NUBBY KNIT SKIRT”

Milano21

…………………………….TEXTURE TEXTURE and more TEXTURE…..mixing all of the elements creates a very unique, and of the moment  look……..The SUPER PONTE MERLOT JACKET with the FAUX LEATHER, worn with your BLACK WK S/S SWEATER, A267882, a wardrobe must have!  and with the NUBBY KNIT SKIRT, A268135….is the look of a discerning woman…….the look of a woman who KNOWS how to put it together. Add your SILVER or GUNMETAL FALLING LEAVES NECKLACE, and the look is uniquely yours…….ADD your PINSTRIPE TIGHTS and you are dressed from head to toe………….Get all of your BLACK, IVORY and MERLOT sweaters……..the WK ENR reorder SWING is coming in MERLOT…..now start to mix and match……………………………enjoy………………….much Love……………………………….Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: New: Nubby Knit Skirt and Top

Beautiful sets!

Esteemed Contributor

The merlot color is beautiful I can see that with a nice pin near the shoulder.

Esteemed Contributor

Who wouldn't want to look like that!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Beautiful!

Valued Contributor

The merlot swing sweater would look nice with the merlot nubby skirt. Will be getting both color skirt to go with anything black and the swing sweater in merlot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

GORGEOUS. This one is right up my alley...especially in the black & white. Love the Chanel vibe. (I'm also thrilled about the skirt length!!)

Trusted Contributor

So gorgeous!  The fabric reminds me of a suit my mother had made in Paris many years ago.  I still have it, but only to look at!

Valued Contributor

Just asked Louis about sizing on the top, so both top and skirt is in the S,M,L, sizing!  I am so glad.

Trusted Contributor

Thrilled about the skirt length AND SML sizing! Merlot top and both skirts for me!