Respected Contributor

Only from the returns. Hope you get one it's beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Re: New Linea trench

[ Edited ]

My navy and olive arrived one day early (yay!!)...I ordered up a size and could have gone with my usual size of 12. BUT, I think it fits nicely and I'll be able to layer easily. The look is still streamlined--and not oversized--so it's all good.

Like everyone has already said...this trench is FABULOUS. I love everything about this amazing trench--fabric, fit, style, amazing price. Classic & elegant and looks like a very high end designer brand trench one would find at Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf's. I was a little surprised by the length--it comes to mid-thigh on me, but that's just fine. I hope Louis does a longer trench at some time.

I agree with someone who said this will be one for the "Linea Hall of Fame."

Occasional Contributor

I was hoping for that and snipped the threads but it's up at the top and still bunches. The lining is pulling the coat up 

Respected Contributor

I steamed and pressed mine today, and then tried it on with several options and I have fallen even more in love with it.  Plus it feels so good on.  It's been awhile since I have been this  pleased with a clothing item.

Hall of Fame - YES!

Respected Contributor

I got the Olive Trench yesterday.  I love the coat, and it fits well (tried it on over the color block set).  I'm just not sure of the Olive color with my skintone.  Some colors make my skin look yellow.  Now, I'm wondering if I should return the Olive and order the Burgundy or the Navy.  I thought the Olive would work for me, as I have natural auburn hair and light skin, but with yellowish undertones.  When I had my colors done many years ago, I was told I was an "Autumn".  It seems that as I get older, some colors work better on me than others.  Purple and Turquoise or Aqua look good on me, as well as brighter pinks.

Honored Contributor

From what I saw on the TV, the olivine color was not Louis' typical 'olive color'. Olivine looked to me as having more yellow added to the olive color.

Hope it works out for you-- and glad you found the correct size!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor
Review from a tall person:

I'm 5'11 and wear XL. The sleeve length of numerical sizes is shorter than XL by 1-2 inches because XL is fitted as a misses size and 16 is the largest misses size in numerical. I had to order a 20 in the navy trench, which has plus fitting. I could use 1 1/2-2 more inches in the sleeve. Only 1/4" of fabric for lengthening, so not possible. Fabric & details are high quality for the price. Nice fit in the shoulders, and I have narrow shoulders. The length hits 2 inches above my knee. The "double" loop is a single strip with a seam across to form the two loops. I'd have to cut that seam, cut the fabric in half & resew into just the lower loop. The upper loop looks silly so high on me. Haven't decided if I'll keep.
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

From what I saw on the TV, the olivine color was not Louis' typical 'olive color'. Olivine looked to me as having more yellow added to the olive color.

Hope it works out for you-- and glad you found the correct size!

I am trying the coat on again, after I put makeup on (I don't wear much -- just a bit of tinted moisturizer, powdered rouge and lip stain).  However, it looks much better on me now.

I think I'll place another order for the Burgundy to see if I like it better.  Maybe I'll keep both, as the Olive seems to be more casual looking than the Burgundy or Navy to me.

Honored Contributor

@Helping wrote:
Review from a tall person:

I'm 5'11 and wear XL. The sleeve length of numerical sizes is shorter than XL by 1-2 inches because XL is fitted as a misses size and 16 is the largest misses size in numerical. I had to order a 20 in the navy trench, which has plus fitting. I could use 1 1/2-2 more inches in the sleeve. Only 1/4" of fabric for lengthening, so not possible. Fabric & details are high quality for the price. Nice fit in the shoulders, and I have narrow shoulders. The length hits 2 inches above my knee. The "double" loop is a single strip with a seam across to form the two loops. I'd have to cut that seam, cut the fabric in half & resew into just the lower loop. The upper loop looks silly so high on me. Haven't decided if I'll keep.

Mine has not arrived yet but it does not sound promising about the sleeve length.  I was going to remove the belt loops and wear it loose because I don't care for the look of coats or jackets that are tied in the back.

Frequent Contributor

Just to let those who are wondering about their waitlist chances know, I just got an email notice that my navy size 12 trenchcoat on waitlist has shipped so they must be starting to cover the waitlist orders. Given how quickly this coat sold out and how late I was to the party, I didn't really expect to get one. I am elated and want to thank whomever returned or cancelled their order on a navy 12. You have made my day.