Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

As gardensla said, this is one serious coat-- definitely for late fall early winter or late winter/ early spring.

.................................................................................

Now I am worried it might be too heavy for Southern Ca weather.   We have light Winters.  We need light Winter coats.  Mine should be here I hope tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

As gardensla said, this is one serious coat-- definitely for late fall early winter or late winter/ early spring.

.................................................................................

Now I am worried it might be too heavy for Southern Ca weather.   We have light Winters.  We need light Winter coats.  Mine should be here I hope tomorrow.

I live in Los Angeles and come November, December, January, even February this will be ideal for us over a light sweater. You're going to love it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

All I can say is WOW. I knew it would be good from seeing it on the models, but this well exceeds anything I was expecting! The fabric, the colors, I got the navy and olive, the details and the workmanship, and fit can rival any other trench in the stores now, and it's only $134. That is incredible. I went back and ordered the burgundy. They are that good. It's amazing there are any left.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what time my delivery arrived last night (had to be after 6:30) but I just grabbed the bag (indignity!) from the front door this morning.This is yet another example of why I have learned never to pass on Linea outerwear. Wowza. While I did not think the trench was probably my best style in a coat, Louis had me at his description of the fabric. Heavier than expected but -just Wow. The fit and styling: beyond. I am a petite plus. The fit was perfect and did not overwhelm at all. Length on me is to the knee, and I have short legs. I will tack up the sleeves, which is always expected, and gather the tabs at the wrists. I bought the olive. Hard to resist another color (or two!) but I will resist and enjoy wearing this beauty!

Esteemed Contributor

ETA: This trench belongs in the Linea Hall of Fame, LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@MarilynM wrote:

All I can say is WOW. I knew it would be good from seeing it on the models, but this well exceeds anything I was expecting! The fabric, the colors, I got the navy and olive, the details and the workmanship, and fit can rival any other trench in the stores now, and it's only $134. That is incredible. I went back and ordered the burgundy. They are that good. It's amazing there are any left.

Let's hope the returns are minor so we can get more colors. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

Reading the comments this trench sounds like a definite winner.  It reminds me of the Linea clothing I kept which are one size too big hanging in a closet upstairs.  Remember the thin quilted jacket trimmed in black A217976 .  I even kept that one though I purchased the olive which I later decided was not my color!  And the chenille in a beautiful grey A218572.

My burgundy trench coat is scheduled for delivery today, but the UPS doesn't usually come until evening for my deliveries if it "my normal guy".  I am concerned about the size I ordered after reading JustJazzmom comparing the size to the pinstripe jacket. I ordered the trench in size 8.  I just checked my pinstripe jacket which is a size 6 and I would not want it any larger.  But my thoughts are that this is a coat so even if is a little bigger that will be okay.  

Honored Contributor

@breee

I took into account a few things before I chose the 10 in the trench. First, I looked at the X back set in sleeve measurement on trenches I have here at home-- then compared that measurement to the one on the click here measurements. I looked at the pinstripe jacket and saw it was a 10. Then I looked at click here for the sweep and chest measurements. At this point, I felt the 10 would be the best with the X back set in sleeve measurement for me being the most important.

The only thing I did to the coat when I tried it on was tighten the straps at the sleeve edges a little bit and undid the threaded X holding the vent in place.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Mine finally shipped today.  It will be a good week for it to wind its way to the PNW.  Reading some of the comments I am nervous about how short the sleeves are as I have long arms. 

Valued Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I will compare the measurements with my pinstripe jacket when I return.  Oh, I am going to lunch with my mother.  She just phoned me to say she was enroute.  This was the only day I could schedule her for lunch this week, but she went to her hairdresser this morning @9:00.  It is now almost 1:00. I am too hungry to focus on measurements.  And I have already had a snack!