Trusted Contributor

“THE OATMEAL HOODED SWEATER”

hood

…………………………Ladies…..this is something really SPECIAL, and it’s all about the NEW YARN…….Yes, this is a new yarn that I am introducing this season…..It is a blend of 80% Viscose/20% Wool….This is NOT ITCHY!!!……….This is a SUPER FINE….SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT……..SUPER SOFT sweater, and the hand is definitely like silk/cashmere. It is so soft that if I said it were fine cashmere you would have no reason to think otherwise. Have I said this sweater is SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT, and SUPER SOFT….well it’s worth repeating. It’s so soft you will hug yourself. This is definitely the lightest sweater I have ever done for the Q, and it is not see through at all! It is a completely FULLY FASHIONED jersey knit sweater…….A268127…….. The long sleeves and bottom of the sweater are finished with wide tubular bands. The edge of the hood is also finished with a tubular trim approx. 1/2 inch. The hood is also attached to the body of the sweater with a tubular trim……so all of the details, and the way it is made and finished is the best it can be made…..The sweater is approx. 24 inches long for the xs…….The color is……………..OATMEAL…………..and what a gorgeous color it is. The yarn is MELANGE, so it has a heather effect. What else can I say about this color except it is a beautiful RICH SOFT NEUTRAL….suitable for all skin tones and hair color. I have it shown above with the SLIM PANT in the LIGHT KHAKI, and the new ALABASTER QUILTED JACKET….It is simply PERFECTION…..a look that WHISPERS……..CLASS……..For all of my FLORIDIANS, and all who live in warmer climates, I can’t think of a more glamorous, appropriate and casual outfit for your climate………..Since this is a column of paleness I thought I would suggest footwear that I could see wearing with this out fit, and they are all Mark Fisher……A264007, A265268, A258387 and A256929 are four very different styles that all would work with the OATMEAL, ALABASTER and LT. KHAKI…There are other shoes and booties on the Q that will work as well, such as the A269817, Sole Society ankle boot in Fennel…………………..I chose the TRIPLE BAR GOLD necklace and the GOLD DEMI HOOP earring to accessorize this outfit, but I have offered you many choices this season of bolder pieces or simpler pieces that both work for a more casual lifestyle……………..For those of you who need clothes for the work place or other more dressy occasions this sweater can work beautifully too. To achieve this tonal look pair the sweater with my Stone WK skirt and Stone Animal Instincts tights……….This is IMPORTANT!!!! This NEW SWEATER will be shown on the Oct 7th show which is at 6:00am……………………………………………….

…………………………………enjoy…………………..much Love………………………..Louis

“THE TAUPE HOODED SWEATER”

topiary2

…………………………….TAUPE……………….does not do this color justice…………..Mink would be a more accurate description. It is simply…. luscious…….Taupe, as all of the colors, is also a heather………I happen to think the COFFEE BEAN WK SKIRT or the WALNUT WK SKIRT are just the right shades of brown with this sweater. Worn with my LINEA BODY WALNUT TIGHTS and a pair of Dk. Brown suede shoe booties or Brown calf boots would finish the look perfectly………….This all looks WONDERFUL WITH THE single bar NECKLACE in CHOCOLATE…..All three colors of this very special sweater are truly beautiful…………………enjoy………………………..much Love……………………………..Louis

“THE HEATHER BLUE HOODED SWEATER”

topiary1

………………………………………HEATHER BLUE………….a great color with jeans….a beautiful soft color to wear with any other color….This is a great sweater to wear under all kinds of jacket…..from blazers to motos. This is the sweater to layer under cardis, and V-necks, and jewel necks, and ballet neck sweaters, and even your  hoodie zip front jackets….YES, double hoods…..wear it with my black zip front Leisure hoodie…..it will even work under my RAGLAN SLEEVE LEISURE TUNIC…..This is a hood you can wear under a coat and not feel any bulk…..It’s the perfect sweater to wear with your JEAN JACKETS…….it all works!!………Even though you would consider this a casual sweater….there is something very elegant about it, and it’s because of the yarn. As I said…the hand is very cashmere like…..a cashmere like hooded sweater…..not a bad thing…………………………………….enjoy…………….much Love…………………….. Louis

Esteemed Contributor

I usually avoid anything with a hood as I have long hair and it gets tangled up, but for this sweater, I'll pile it into a high pony!  Must have the OATMEAL.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

All these choices from Linea creates so much excitement!  I will say I own the oatmeal v neck whisper knit sweater.  I wore it last night with the light khaki slim ankle pants and taupe Fly London suede booties with gold jewelry.  My outfit was sensational.  As I am a blond those shades are very flattering to me.  I love the oatmeal sweater with a hood. - so cool!

My credit cards will be on fire for Wednesday.  So many wonderful choices. I have already purchased plenty.  

Respected Contributor

I'm definitely in for this sweater (oatmeal & taupe) and will pick one up for my daughter, as well. Love that it's lightweight for layering, which is an important buzzword where I live, because the weather changes so suddenly. All the colors are great...hope it gets reordered in a black.

We always talk about blowing our clothing budgets from time-to-time here, but SERIOUSLY, this season is way over the top! All the jackets  and now these new pre-show treasures popping up daily. Finding it impossible to say no!

Can't wait for the show. The excitement builds...lol

Esteemed Contributor

Does he have a November or December show? Or is this IT?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: New: Hooded Sweaters

[ Edited ]

I plan to get the Oatmeal hooded sweater.  I already have the Alabaster quilted jacket and the light taupe slim pants.  

I'd wear this set with flats (if the weather is still a bit warm) or boots.  I can't wear a heel any higher than 1 1/2", but I'm looking for a bootie (not for  snow and ice) I could wear with this set and with other pants.  Do you have any suggestions?  I have a pair of black boots that might work, but I don't know if black is best with light taupe pants.

I found these bootie on QVC.com.  What do you think of these for me?  Have you ever worn Vince Camuto boots?

S8028 

Vince Camuto Cider Aged Suede Ankle Boots

Trusted Contributor

Wow. I'm in for the oatmeal and maybe taupe as well. 

Respected Contributor

gardensla - Louis has no Shows scheduled for Nov and Dec - from his Blog:

Louis Dell'Olio
October 3, 2015 at 11:14 AM
I have no dates for NOV or DEC….I think they are going to be all outside hits….there isn’t that much new coming after Oct......

Love this Hooded Sweater in the Taupe (Mink) - it looks so luxurious!

Respected Contributor

What does Louis mean by "outside hits".  Does it mean he will only do appearances in shows like AM Style and PM Style..

Respected Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

I plan to get the Oatmeal hooded sweater.  I already have the Alabaster quilted jacket and the light taupe slim pants.  

I'd wear this set with flats (if the weather is still a bit warm) or boots.  I can't wear a heel any higher than 1 1/2", but I'm looking for a bootie (not for  snow and ice) I could wear with this set and with other pants.  Do you have any suggestions?  I have a pair of black boots that might work, but I don't know if black is best with light taupe pants.

I found these bootie on QVC.com.  What do you think of these for me?  Have you ever worn Vince Camuto boots?

S8028 

Vince Camuto Cider Aged Suede Ankle Boots

I think those boots would look great!