Trusted Contributor
“THE FERN DRAWSTRING DRESS”

March 20161

……………………..There is nothing less complicated to wear than a DRESS………………No separates to think about…..no coordination to worry over…..just chose your footwear, and accessories and you are ready to go………………This DRAW STRING DRESS, A276292, in the color FERN, can be a very flattering and comfortable choice due to the easy fit and shape…..Also, the placement of the drawstring is crucial!…….and you can customize the fit to your liking. I always prefer the drawstring to be a little lower than higher…..Why?….because if you are fuller on top a draw string that is too high will give you an Empire look and can make you fuller than you are……FYI…..an Empire can look flattering on a full chested woman if the Empire is placed in the right position…..However, I always find a draw string that is supposed to be around the waist is better a little lower……The measurements to look at, as usual are the shoulders, bust, waist and hips…….IMHO….IF…you are between sizes and closer to the larger size….I would size up, not that the dress is small I just prefer this type of dress to be easier than skimpy, but again that’s just my opinion…..If you did size up make sure the shoulder measuremet is good for you….The majority of you will be fine with your REGULAR SIZE!!!………..The dress fabric is my Faux De Chine, 90% polyester/10% spandex, which I have used before for my SKORT, A265613 and the matching TEE, A266302. The hand of the fabric feels like silk, and has a nice weight…..not to flimsy or blowy, and it doesn’t cling as some knits do…..If you find after taking it out of the plastic bag there is a littlwe static cling….a little Static guard will do the trick….Another trick is taking a little bit of lotion like hand or body moisturizer on the legs will work too……..The dress has short sleeves with a stationary small fold back cuff……..The neckline is scooped, and the dress has a button front with DTM buttons…..so you can leave some buttons open if you like…….There are band POCKETS with stitched through pocket bags. I like this technique, and use it often. It keeps the pocket bag from flapping around on the inside. The bottom hem has a slight shirt tail……..It’s all in the details. The sizes will range from XXS to 3X, and the XS is approx. 39 inches long. The dress will be fun to accessorize. I have chosen to mix the LONG GOLD PALM NECKLACE, J290364, with the OLIVE BEAD and GOLD OPEN LINK NECKLACE, J317652,. The combination is a little unexpected, but works well together…… The GOLD PALM LEAF EARRING, J290363, and the OLIVE CRESCENT STRETCH CUFF, J278134, [not shown] finish it off…………..The new Fern Gauze jacket is in the photos at the upper right, A276280, it’s the perfect dress jacket and cover up for so many things………………………….enjoy…………………much Love………………………Louis

“THE SPICE AND INDIGO DRAWSTRING DRESSES”

March 2016

…………………Dresses……if you haven’t worn them in a while…..summertime is the perfect time to try one……….SPICE and INDIGO are the additional colors the DRAW STRING DRESS, A276292, will be avail. in………..On the Spice I’ve accessorized with TWO of the CHOCOLATE FALLING LEAVES NECKLACE, J325475, and the matching earring….The new TRAPEZE CUFF in Chocolate will be perfect with Spice……….On the INDIGO I have used the same necklaces and earring only this time one is SILVER and one is GUNMETAL…..There are so many wonderful sandals to wear with these dresses from fringe flats to wedges to simple strappy and lace-up sandals. These are accessory dresses so have fun “dressing” up!………………………..enjoy…………………….much Love……………………..Louis

Trusted Contributor

Good info on the drawstring placement.  I'm in for the blue...

Honored Contributor

Louis had one very similar a few years ago of which I bought the black.  The dress is too shortwaisted for me, which I regret.  I love little dresses for the summer and this will be a perfect summer dress for those women who are shortwaisted.  It is a darling dress and I would have loved the blue or green, or both under circumstances where the dress would be longer waisted.  However, I know it is probably made to the same specs as the one a few years ago.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in for the blue.

Dresses are my answer for Monday morning madness. This one's really cute.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Cute dress...sounds like the "skort" fabric is a winner, too. Love that the fern has a matching jacket for a workplace or restaurants with A/C.

My reservations are...dress length and where the waist hits...

@Nonametoday Do you have the item# for the dress you're referring to? Would like to check those measurements...Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I don't and it has been more than 2 years ago so I don't recall but someone else here might.  I gave mine to my housekeeper for her mother who is shorter and shortwaisted.  

Respected Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I don't and it has been more than 2 years ago so I don't recall but someone else here might.  I gave mine to my housekeeper for her mother who is shorter and shortwaisted.  

Ah, well that says a lot! I'm thinking this dress is not made for my figure Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

No experience with this, but I do have an interests in this dress and it says that it is "sold out".  How can this be when it was just announced this morning?

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

It has not been loaded into the system yet.  It will be sometime before next Monday's Linea show.  

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup

It hasn't been entered into the system yet.  This is what LDO calls a sneak peek. Patience is a virtue but when his clothes are this cute, it's hard I know!