Esteemed Contributor

New Colors Coming in LL Raglan Top...

“THE BLACKBERRY TUNIC”

t-shirt12

………………………..A262037, the LINEA LEISURE COTTON/SPAN TUNIC has been reordered for the FOURTH time!……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

……………Let me explain what the criteria is for something to be reordered. First, the returns have to be below a certain %, and sales have to maintain a certain level. Don’t be deceived by “reviews”. A garment can have great reviews, but still not qualify to be a reorder. On the other hand a garment may have average reviews, but still qualify to be a reorder. I have learned that it is the “silent majority” that determines whether a garment comes back or not. Many times I have said to the buyers, “but it has such great reviews”, and their response is, “but the returns were too high to bring it back”. Reviews do play an important part in helping customers make decisions about size, fit and sometimes color [color is very personal], but you should always take them with a grain of salt. What may not be one persons preference may be just what someone else has been dreaming of. Also if something has MANY reviews and has a 5 star or 4.5 star rating you can be pretty sure that in this case the majority is right.

…………….. If you own and love this tunic you will love the FOUR new colors I am bringing to you….if you have never owned this tunic then you should give it a try………………….BLACKBERRY is one of the new colors this season, and it is a beautiful rich saturated color. This may be part of my Linea Leisure line, and it certainly can be casual enough to wear with jeans for your everyday lifestyle, but it can also be dressed up and worn to work, church, the movies and out to dinner. Dress it down with my BAR NECKLACE [returning this month], J325471, or dress it up with my new TORSADE NECKLACE shown above, which will be avail this spring……I call it “THE MARDI GRAS NECKLACE”, J335211……………….I know the new BLACKBERRY will be on the top of many lists, and I won’t be surprised if it’s the first to go……….I know Pantone is pushing “greens” and I’m sure you will be seeing greens here and there……but…….my color prediction is…….WINES of all kinds….especially for next fall………….BLACKBERRY, a perfect January color, is just the beginning, and they are all avail now…………………..enjoy……………….much Love………………Louis

“THE WHITE TUNIC”

t-shirt14

………………………From Blackberry we go to……………….WHITE………….the second NEW COLOR…….the perfect SUMMER COLOR…….White in this fabric makes the perfect team…..There is no see through, so no need to layer anything under it. I really can’t believe I haven’t done this tunic in white before? Above, I have it simply paired with my navy cotton/span legging in the same fabric as the tunic, A274374. With white…..anything goes………..including accessories………..Around her neck and on her ears is my new “NANTUCKET BEACH GLASS” set, J335577. This too came from my Anne Klein archives. I have seen this necklace once on ebay and the asking price was over $300…….without the earring which were originally sold separately. This won’t be avail until mid MAY, so it is a true sneak peek. The one thing I will say is….it’s light as a feather…………………………………enjoy…………….much Love……………….Louis

“THE PERIWINKLE TUNIC”

t-shirt15

…………………………PERIWINKLE is number THREE on the list of NEW COLORS………….Everyone has their own idea what periwinkle is, and it a much requested color. For me, Periwinkle is a medium blue with a hint of lavender……………..This is a color anyone can wear……………..These tunics really take accessories well….I would almost say they need accessories, but the simplest necklace will be just enough. It’s amazing how “finished” the look becomes just by adding the DROP PENDANT in the COBALT and SILVER, J333066……..A simple silver earring, perhaps a silver cuff worn with the 3/4 sleeve and in seconds you are complete! Choose your bottom color according to the season……..black, navy, grey and white are sure bets…………………………………………………

……………………..enjoy……………………..much Love………………………..Louis

“THE PALE AQUA TUNIC”

t-shirt13

………………………The fourth NEW COLOR is PALE AQUA………………This Aqua takes me immediately to the Caribbean….where the water is this miraculous color…it is so inviting….. This is the perfect take away top, even if you’re just a “mind traveler”…….Stay at home vacations require special outfits too…………..Again, the simplest accessory is all you need, like the BAR PENDANT, J325471. Of course this tunic can take all kinds of necklaces so don’t hesitate to pile it on………………….enjoy…………………….much Love………………………..Louis

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Colors Coming in LL Raglan Top...

Can't wait to see the blackberry and light aqua tunics.  I have just the light gray and alabaster pants to wear them with.    Love my tunics from Louis.

Respected Contributor

This tunic looks lovely but unfortunately it has 8% spandex and this makes it very uncomfortable for me to wear - do not know why but anything over 5% just is so uncomfortable to wear.  Envy all you Ladies that will order and enjoy this one.  Awaiting to see what else Louis will bring.

Honored Contributor

I am absolutely thrilled that a Linea garment in Periwinkle has finally made an appearance.  That is such a flattering color.  Makes your skin look smooth and almost flawless.   

Trusted Contributor

Too bad periwinkle's first appearance is in a right spandex item, which I won't buy.
Trusted Contributor

... high spandex ....
Respected Contributor

Regarding Linea returns: I think many returns are due to the perception that quanities are very limited. So fans of Linea make purchasing decisions based upon the real or perceived scaricity of product. Some people say that they order multiple sizes and colors because they know from past experiences that exchanges for size and/or color is just not liklely to happen.

I've done these things. As soon as the show list is published, I try to order. Many times if you wait for the show the sizes and colors are limited. So Louis and his fans are being punished for the limited quanities of this popular line. 

Honored Contributor

Love the length.  

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I am absolutely thrilled that a Linea garment in Periwinkle has finally made an appearance.  That is such a flattering color.  Makes your skin look smooth and almost flawless.   

Hi @golding76. Happy New Year! So nice to see you here Smiley Happy

I'm totally with you on the color periwinkle. Love it. I'm hoping it's not just a one-off and Louis repeats it in a WK piece. I really do have enough LL for now--there are tunics I haven't even worn yet!

Honored Contributor

@grace, I am pleased to be back but think I returned to the forum via the back door; hence, I do not have all the bells and whistles.  It happened by accident -- really -- and then came the passing of John Glenn, and I had to say something about one of my favorite heroes (probably my favorite).  I went to respond to a host's wonderful blog and thought it would be a simple reply.  Suddenly, I was back on the forum.  

Then, as I wrote, Senator/Astronaut Glenn died; then Carrie; then Debbie -- and my mouth was off and running.  I just need to manage not getting into little frays when I visit other forums.  (Yesterday, I almost got sucked in, but just decided to say my piece and leave it at that.)  I really do not seek to rumble.

But, yes, I love Periwinkle.  Hope there will be more pieces in this color.