Valued Contributor

New Color to come in the Faux Shetland Sweater

“THE ANTIQUE ROSE FAUX SHETLAND SWEATER”

hood4

…………………………….The FAUX SHETLAND SWEATER…..A259108……is returning due to popular demand, and will be avail. this month. I’m not sure when it will be posted, and since I have no more appearances this month you will have to keep checking…….. I am adding a new color……………….ANTIQUE ROSE……….It’s the shade of pink that you would find in dried keepsake flowers, does anyone do that anymore?……….or a winter STRAWBERRY………………This color is meant to flatter!………For those of you who are not familiar with this sweater or yarn….I introduced it last fall for the first time. The yarn has the look of wool Shetland, but there is NO wool in this. The yarn is a blend of 83% acrylic, and 17% nylon which when dyed gives the heather effect…….It has a very soft touch….. Some may think from the photos that this is a heavy dense sweater, but it is not. If anything I would almost call it GOSSAMER, because it is very LIGHT in weight….so be forewarned….this is not a HEAVY BULKY sweater…It is a well know fact that in the winter, to keep warm, it is better to dress in a few light layers than one or two heavy layers……….This sweater has a 92% approval rating…..70 women out of 76 gave it two thumbs up…..that’s pretty good, and  the returns were very low…so the results were good enough for it to be reordered……I would suggest you read the reviews for all of the info you may want to know……Some may call this a “boyfriend” V-neck sweater, but for me that always connotes OVER SIZED…..which this is not….especially if you intend to layer it with a shirt, TN, jewel neck sweater, tee shirt etc……………..Above, I have the Antique Rose sweater over the Pink wing collar shirt and the Aubergine WK skirt…..The Perfectly Pink TN, A72448, would also be the perfect layering piece………For another look wear this sweater with your new PLUM MOTO JACKET, WALNUT  LINEA BODY LEGGINGS or your WALNUT WK SKIRT your WALNUT LINEA TIGHTS…..boots and WOW….that’s a great look for anyone at any age…………….Around her neck and hanging from her ear…..the CHOCOLATE FALLING LEAVES NECKLACE and EARRING…….REMEMBER the CHOCOLATE DEMI HOOP EARRING is a wonderful alternative, especially for those who can not wear a longer earring. The Chocolate really looks wonderful on the Antique Rose………………………………………………………….enjoy……………………………much Love………………………………..Louis

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Color to come in the Faux Shetland Sweater

color is very pretty ... I just was not a fan of how this sweater fit on me when it came around last time. A bit shapeless where I need shaping.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

I wish I liked this color! I would get it in a heartbeat!  I just wore the mauve version today and I have the grey and blue from last year, it was my favorite. So easy to wear and easy care!

Honored Contributor

Can't sleep, my back and legs are giving me fits and steroids not kicking in so I decided to post.  I love this color.  I just don't look good in this sweater.  I have one of those short little bodies that seems to dwarf in this sweater.  Wish I could wear it and the color.  I also like the blue too.  I just can't wear it...waaaaa waaaaa.  Louis makes the best stuff!!!

Respected Contributor

I have both the v-neck & cardigan versions of this sweater in multiple colors and love it for its classic shetland-like unscratchy fabric, fit and length. It's also amazingly cozy.

Honored Contributor

I have the V Neck versions only and think this new color is quite nice-- in my mind I had envisioned a reddish/pinkish shade of pink and I was right.

When it becomes available, I will definitely get it. These are quite comfortable, no scratchiness as GraceCo mentioned on those chilly winter mornings lounging around the house.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

The way the sweater is pictured is ugly I would like to see it on a live model. JMHO!

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

The way the sweater is pictured is ugly I would like to see it on a live model. JMHO!

*Cough Cough* Most of the photography for clothing here is awful!!
But... there is a video on that page if you scroll down and you can see the sweater on live models.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I am glad there is a reorder for the blue. Last year the size I ordered did not fit and I was unable to get one in the size I needed.  Now I can order the correct size for me.  It was very soft. It will be a good addition to my casual clothing.