Respected Contributor

Re: New Coat A284133 Now $79.56

A Linea TSV!  This new coat would have been a spectacular TSV, as would the swing cardi, or the swing sweater.  Lots of gorgeous colors, so flattering, I live in them.   Any one of his WK sweaters, the turtleneck e.g., would be a great TSV.  They seem to stick with their favorite lines for TSVs, mostly in-house brands.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recall Louis saying on his blog that a TSV is not in the cards for Linea. I can't remember if that was his answer to a question about a specific item, or generally speaking. Seems like TSVs are reserved for the biggest volume lines--like Isaac, Graver, etc.

Whenever Linea gets a good daytime show spot and the items are priced right, they sell out. At least, do more of that, QVC Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I think the last Linea TSV was close to 4 years ago.  It was the peblum jacket that came in about 5 colors including ivory, coral, black, etc.  We are long overdue for another TSV from Louis.

Respected Contributor

I don't agree with that. I don't think TSVs are determined only by volumn. I can't believe Lisa Rina or Dennis does more business than Louis, and she not only gets evening hours but TSVs. She's a celebrity [of sort] in QVC's eyes, and Dennis has a store on Mad., but Louis has been there 16 years and deserves some respect. He has had many successful TSVs in the past, and another is way overdo.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Louis gets a lot of respect where it also counts--among his loyal, grateful customers and the QVC hosts, many of whom obviously ADORE him. To hear Carolyn tell him at the end of the show yesterday that she "loved him" and hopes to see him again soon because he's not on enough was gratifying--she said that over and over again throughout the show. She clearly respects the extraordinary designer he is (as many other hosts do, plus QVC brass) and walks the talk--she and her mother wear his clothes! 

Louis himself said that Linea won't be getting TSVs. Maybe at this stage of his esteemed career, he likes being more of a boutique line and doesn't want to be putting in a stressful 80-hour work week. He may be very happy with the status quo. Who are we to second-guess him? I guess we can speculate all we want, but only Louis knows the reason. 

I'm just very grateful he is here at QVC and we get to enjoy his creations. On his blog, Goldie and I were saying that although we'd like to be limiting our clothing purchases at this age/stage, Louis' clothes & jewelry bring us so much "pleasure." I think that's true for many of us and maybe that's what Louis cares about the most--maybe it's not about the TSVs for him.

Trusted Contributor

@GraceCO  Thank you Grace for so artfully expressing what many of us feel about LDO!

Respected Contributor

Grace, I agree with you about the hosts loving and respecting Louis. Even the models seem to love him, but I'm not sure about the top brass. If they did he would get a "few" evening hours during the year, if nothing else just to expose him to women who are unable to watch during the day. I think it 's unfair. If we don't keep buying he'll be gone. I know plenty of business women who love my clothes, but have never seen his show because they aren't home. If he had an 8pm show they would all watch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marilyn, I agree Louis should have better show times. No question about it. As you say, a night time show would reach a whole new audience of buyers.

I just don't know if show time decisions at QVC are tied to "respect" for a designer, or to the competing priorities and business realities of running a huge shopping network.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marlyn1 & @GraceCO I totally agree with both of you I so wish they would schedule some evening shows that would be perfect all around including reaching a broader audience those wee hours in the morning shows and during the work day hours do not do justice I have to tape the shows not that I mind so that I can watch later when I get home from work; but still would appreciate normal prime time hours like everyone else gets. 

I can't imagine QVC without Louis honestly; but I still worry that it still may be on the back burner of the powers that be if we don't continue to support him.  If they tried it once they can try it again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I don't agree with that. I don't think TSVs are determined only by volumn. I can't believe Lisa Rina or Dennis does more business than Louis, and she not only gets evening hours but TSVs. She's a celebrity [of sort] in QVC's eyes, and Dennis has a store on Mad., but Louis has been there 16 years and deserves some respect. He has had many successful TSVs in the past, and another is way overdo.

Apparently, Lisa Rinna has yet another TSV scheduled for December 11th!