Esteemed Contributor

New Cardigan (to go with Alabaster, etc)

[ Edited ]

LINK

nuggets2-700x393.jpg

…………………..The words that come to mind when I see this combination of ALABASTER and BLACK are ELEGANT, SOPHISTICATED and CHIC……all words that describe a beautifully dressed woman…..all words that are the hallmark of the Linea woman. This color combination was made very popular during the Art Deco period, and remains as beautiful now as it was then…………..Above you have two pieces…………The long COLOR BLOCK CARDIGAN, A267883, which is approx 33 inches long for the xs, and the SHORT SLEEVE, JEWEL NECK A267882, which is already posted on the Linea site. They are both made in the ENR CONSTRUCTION. The cardigan has an open front without any buttons, so the effect is clean without anything to clash with your accessories…………in this case two strands of my BLACK JET FACETED BEAD NECKLACES, J291535 and my DROP JET and MARCASITE EARRING, J317115….. an earring that I think has been over looked in both the jet and clear options. It’s definitely worth taking “another look” at. My multi row JET CUFF BRACELET, J273584, finishes the look…… The sleeves of the cardigan are long with wide borders of black . There are POCKETS!!!……IThe cardigan and shell have the look of the Roaring 20s…when knit clothing, thanks to Coco Chanel, became all the rage….Maybe these two pieces would have been something a flapper might have worn with a skirt, silk stockings and bobbed hair……….or Gertrude Vanderbilt….lounging on a chaise with a long cigarette holder in alabaster and ebony to match her outfit. For today’s woman a slim pant in either black or the Light Khaki above, A265615, which is not an exact match but close enough, gives it a modern stream line look. Of course BLACK WK bottoms are always a tried and true alternative…whether it be my WK skirt, A237412 or A253411….. or the pant above in photos…..I know you are all excited about the ALABASTER JEWEL NECK…..but….do not overlook the top in…BLACK… it is THE BEST LITTLE BASIC IN TOWN!!!……This is an outfit that has no season, perfect for travel. It’s an outfit that would turn heads in any elegant restaurant in Paris or New York………..These two pieces will be shown on August 7th at 1:00am………………………………………………….

…………………………………….enjoy………………..much Love…………………………….Louis

bootcut13-700x393.jpg

.GREY and BLUE create a COOL color combination……more subtle than the bold Alabaster and Black, but just as Chic. The color blocking is more tonal because the two colors used are of the same or similar hue…….The look is sophisticated with the grey WK skirt, which many of you already own, but many more of you will wear it with a great pair of slim fitting jeans or navy pants. Dress it up with my GREY FACETED BEAD NECKLACE…..or for more casual outings….my GUNMETAL or SILVER FALLING LEAVES NECKLACE….or the LARIAT to come……..Anyway you put it together COMFORT is KEY!………………………….enjoy………………………..much Love……………………..Louis

bootcut12-700x393.jpg

BURGUNDY and CURRANT is the third and last color combination………Currant always brings to mind the delicious Currant tortes Jac’s mother, an incredible baker, would make for us. Combining it with Burgundy was a natural. The Burgundy is very close to AUBERGINE….so pairing the two pieces with your Aubergine WK skirt, A237412 is a natural too. Wearing it with your AUBERGINE TIGHTS….a pair of wine suede pumps, and you have created a beautiful column of color. The WINE PEARLS, J264034, also work beautifully with this outfit …..A HEADS UP…..the CURRENT S/S JEWEL NECK, A267882, looks great with your RASPBERRY SWING CARDIGAN…..and….your RASPBERRY PEA JACKET from last fall….it’s a wonderful accent color………………………………enjoy……………………..much Love…………………….Louis

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Cardigan (to go with Alabaster, etc)

Just caught this on Louis' site. Thanks for posting here.

Finally- a duster length cardi! Alabaster/black a must have for me.

Trusted Contributor

At 5'11, it won't be duster length on me, but still nice and long! I ordered the alabaster SS top earlier. If that color works on me, the alabaster/black cardigan will be mine. Going with the 20s look, I'll definitely wear my Linea long pearls full-length!
Respected Contributor

Love, love, love. What more is there to say?

Honored Contributor

It is a pass for me but I do like the currant color. 

Valued Contributor

A pass for me. It would have been perfect in a shorter length, but that duster length would overwhelm me I am afraid! Love the color combo with black and alabaster, very classy and sophistocated for sure. Wish Louis would consider a shorter version for those of us who are small boned. I am not petite (5'6"), but I know in advance this would not be an attractive look on me. Know it will be popular for a large group of Linea lovers though!

Respected Contributor

I'll have to wait to see how it looks on the models.  I'm tall and thin, so I think the "duster" length will work fine for me.  I just have so many WK pieces now, that I can't wear everything in my closets and shelves.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my the first two are my favorites but not sure if I will purchase I have so many cardigans but the color combos are tempting.