Trusted Contributor

New Alabater and Black and Blue and Black "Eyelash" Print Top and Coulottes

“THE ALABASTER & BLACK EYELASH PRINT”

JP7

………………I am very excited to bring to you this wonderful new print…..I call it the “Eyelash” print. It looks Modern and Ethnic all at the same time, which I think is a wonderful combination. The ALABASTER and BLACK  top is A279516. It is a georgette shell and is lined in Tricot knit….the same knit I use for the Boho skirt. The fabric looks like it has a pebble or crinkle texture, but that is actually the print that gives this effect……This is an easy shape with a CAP SLEEVE. The bottom has a CURVED HEM. It is approx 25 inches long for the xxs. It has a scoop neckline….almost a “U”. The tank lining is attached at the neckline and the shoulder seam. The bottom is left free with swing tacks to make it easier to get on and off……..NOW…….I want you to pay close attention to the second photo in from the BOTTOM LEFT……I have clipped the swing tacks and raised the print shell so you can see that the stretch knit lining is SHAPED…..There are body seams and back darts. I am bringing this to your attention because I am sure the measurements that will be given will be for the print shell which is much larger than the lining. When I put my xxs sample on my form it felt a little tight so I asked Jac to try it on. She initially thought it would be small, but once she got it on, because of the stretch knit, she said it would be fine….thinking her xs size would be a little bigger, which it will. She did feel she could wear the xxs without a problem. If you have a large chest I would recommend going up a size just so you are comfortable. If you are between sizes I would take the larger size. For the rest of you your size will be fine……We could have made a larger lining but the top would not have had the same airy effect…..I have to say this printed fabric feels just like a SILK georgette. I am more than pleased with the quality of the georgette and the workmanship. The print came out exactly as I designed it….I love the top with the new CREPE GAUZE pants in Alabaster or black….and the Moss Crepe cropped pant, A273865, in Lt. Khaki or Black. Long skirts like the Black Boho or short skirts like the new WK Milano stitch in Ivory or Black will all work perfectly……….I know you are all asking…..”What’s that matching skirt?”…..Well it isn’t a skirt, but more about that later…………….The black bead choker is sold out, but the long BARREL BEADS and Earring set, J329558,  is still avail, but I believe there are 17 sets left in black so don’t hesitate if they are something you are interested in…..they will not be reordered……These beads originally came from my personal collection before I had them reproduced for you.  I have shown them in my shows for years, and will probably use them for years to come…..they are problem solvers……..This top and the following “Eyelash” pieces are perfect for right now, but I think you will apprecaite them even more when Sept and Oct are upon us and you need transition pieces that aren’t too summery looking, but can still be worn in the typical heat of those months………………………enjoy…………………much Love…………………….Louis

“THE BLUE & BLACK EYELASH PRINT”

eyelash

…………………………BLUE with BLACK is the second  and last color that will be avail in the EYELASH PRINT pieces……..It is a blue with a hint of purple….I know I will get this question so I will answer it now…..It does NOT look good with the SLATE BLUE Moss Crepe CROP pant……What it does look good with is ANY Black bottom, any Ivory or White bottom and any Navy bottom. In the second photo in from the top left is the new Moss Crepe Pull-On NAVY long pant, A273877, as well as the MOSS CREPE PENCIL SKIRT in NAVY or BLACK, A262454……..Wear the top belted or loose….what ever mood you’re in on the day you wear it…………..For a dressier look add the BLACK JET 72 inch necklace with the Jet and Black Diamond drop earring…………..it’s all GOOD…………………….enjoy………………Much Love………………………..Louis

“THE ALABASTER & BLACK PRINT COULOTTE”

JP9

……………………..The EYELASH PRINT bottom in the ALABASTER and BLACK is actually a……………….DOUBLE WRAP COULOTTE!……….When you have it on it looks like a skirt with a front wrap and a back wrap, but it is attached to pants….So there is no worry about a breeze catching the wrap and exposing your legs…..that’s not going to happen…….The pant portion of the coulotte is lined in the same tricot knit as the top. Due to the fact that the coulotte is made of layers of georgette it is a surprisingly light weight skirt……and there are …….POCKETS!……….The waist band is made in the same manner as my Crepe Gauze and Moss Crepe pull-on pants.. It has a full elastic with a flat front section, and the double stitch so the elastic does not twist…..The skirt/coulotte will be avail. in sizes xxs to 3x…….NOW….this is VERY IMPORTANT!!! Even though the skirt is an easy A-line shape and has a beautiful flowing silhouette….this is not a stretch fabric…….it has layers and is lined. IF YOU FOUND the Alabaster Crepe Gauze pant tight in the waist and had to size up one size then you should do the same thing here. Again, I had Jac try this on. My sample is xxs and she would take an xs. She did have to shimmy the skirt over her hips and did agree with me that sizing up one size would be a good idea…….I’ll say it again….the skirt is easy and not a problem, but I did find the stretch waist band to be on the small side. You all know what your bodies are like and if you are slight this will not be a problem, but if you carry your weight in the middle or hips you will need to go up one side IMHO. ALWAYS check out the measurements…..especially if they give an extended waist band measurement…..it should be bigger than you body hip measurement so you can get it on. Now that I have advised you about the fit….this is a MARVELOUS SKIRT/COULOTTE……..It measures approx 26 inches long from the bottom of the waist band, and if you want you can always wear the skirt a little lower for more length, but 26 should be fine for all…..for this particular style…….ANYTHING in Black, Lt Khaki, Lt. Tan or Alabaster will work as a top…For the more adventurous try a color top like orange, red, turquoise etc etc…Above, the new Alabaster swing cardigan, and the Black Rayon Jersey top, A252353, which I believe is on clearance………Black accessories are a MUST!!……………………………………………enjoy…………………….much Love………………………………Louis

“THE ALABASTER & BLACK PRINT COULOTTE CON’T”

JP8

……………………….One more thing! I love the look of the Light Tan WING COLLAR shirt, A253109, with the Alabaster/Black Coulotte…….The BLACK CLUSTER NECKLACE, J325473 elevates the look to something special and fabulous….a definite “runway” look for those who can……………This necklace in the black jet and CLEAR is on clearance……………….a unique collectible……………………………………………….enjoy…………………….much Love……………………………Louis

“THE BLUE & BLACK PRINT COULOTTE”

JP10

………………………………The Blue and Black Eyelash print coulotte looks wonderful with the WHITE WING COLLAR shirt, the BLACK CLUSTER NECKLACE, J317112, as well as the new BLACK MOSS CREPE TUNIC, A273862. This ladies is easy dressing…..this is sophisticated dressing…..this is for women who want to look like they spent a small fortune on their clothes. For women who’s taste level is NEVER in question……………….

……………………………………….enjoy…………………….much Love………………………….Louis

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Alabater and Black and Blue and Black "Eyelash" Print Top and Coulottes

Can you say "Wow"!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @anniebethsmom   and ALL the wonderful Linea Ladies for keeping us up-to-date!

I truly appreciate these posts.

PS  I am LOVING the blue especially!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful!  This top especially is exactly what I have been looking for in vain, and now it is here.  I want something with a bit of texture or interest but not a print per se, and not a knit.  Perfect!  

Honored Contributor

The 'eyelash' top in alabaster/black shipped today via USPS so I may see it Tuesday or Wednesday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Review of new alabaster/black print top which arrived today.

I ordered my usual Small --the lining makes it feel like an XS on me as I wear a 36C bra front closing. I have reordered the Medium.

Second, the top looks nice BUT it looks taupey instead of alabaster because of the black lining. If you push the lining aside and put it up against the alabaster pants, the 'alabasters' match. The black lining makes the alabaster look darker! I do not know why black was chosen as the lining choice instead of alabaster. Designer's choice is all I can say.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom - thanks for your review of the top that I am waiting for I ordered the alabaster swing sweater and the top together but only the swing sweater arrived which I love.  Maybe tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Thank you for your review. I'm glad I ordered the larger of my two sizes. A little disappointing that the lining makes the alabaster look darker. Was hoping it'd look good with the cardigan. Oh well. I'll see it with my own eyes in a few days.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The print in the photos with the alabaster looks fine to me. I doubt he would have previewed them that way if he didn't think they looked good together. I ordered my normal xs because I'm not big on top, but he did say to size up one if you  are larger because of the fitted lining. Mine should be here soon.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom

Thanks for your review. I can always count on you to say it like it is...which is extraordinarily helpful.

I ordered my usual size, a medium (38C), so I'm crossing my fingers it fits. Wish I'd waited for reviews before ordering this one, but it is what it is. Can you think of another top that Louis has done that fits like this one? It looks a lot like A265603 from last year with the cap sleeve, but I know that top was unlined.

I'm bummed to hear the alabaster looks taupe, because of the black lining. That could be a deal breaker for me. We shall see..mine has shipped, but I won't get it for another 5 days Smiley Sad