Valued Contributor

New A279520 Linea Leisure Hoodie

[ Edited ]

Mark your calendars for AM Style, Sat. July 9th! At last, the hoodie! I tried to describe this hoodie from when it posted on LDO's blog for just a short bit, but didn't want to post a photo until Louis was ready. He just posted the complete array of colors in which this casual hoodie will be offered.

The Black Hoodie

hoodie4

Linea Leisure Hoodie on AM Style, Sat. July 9th……..For my petite customers, I am planning to use Meredith, the petite model so you can see the proportion. Of course that’s if she is avail. to me……..With this new BLACK LINEA LEISURE HOODIE, A279520, I am introducing a new fabric…..It is a 100% fine ribbed cotton…which has it’s own NATURAL STRETCH…..The HOODIE has become as Iconic as a pair of jeans, and as common as leggings….It can be categorized as a utilitarian garment. It is my work as a designer to make it something unique…to distinguish a Linea garment from all others……to take it from the mundane and elevate to something special…..What makes one garment…one hoodie different from another……the DETAILS……………….Besides the new fabric…there are many details to discuss. Starting at the top…there is a band collar which you can see in the third picture in from the upper left. The hood comes out from behind this band instead of simply being attached at the neckline. The front is closed with many small SNAPS….all attached to a cotton HERRINGBONE TAPE as you can see in the large center blow up photo. The tape is both on the outside and inside of the fronts. There is also a smaller tape that follows the inside neckline. The long sleeves are finished at the bottom with a 2 inch cuff, which makes it is to push up and stay up….The shape or silhouette of the hoodie is A-Line with added ease. There are front BODY SEAMS and back PRINCESS SEAMS. The hoodie has a HIGH/LOW HEM so there is maximum coverage. The xxs is approximately 30 inches…….For my petites….don’t let the length disappoint or deter you……..For my shorter petites…if the hoodie comes to just above your knee or even mid knee that’s still a great look with a pair of leggings or tights….in the fall add boots or shoe boots….If it looks like a HOODIE DRESS that will be unique to you. You can see from the photos there is some swing and drape to this top…..so it should be very comfortable for those of you who need that added room. Of course there are BAND POCKETS….so you have some place to put your tissue etc etc. They also give this Hoodie a wonderful attitude…….This new cotton fabric is light enough to wear in the summer when a hoodie may be required, and perfect in the winter layered with jewel necks and a WK TN……

The Taupe Hoodie

hoodie8

The Rose Hoodie

hoodie7

The Cloud Blue Hoodie

hoodie5

The Sage Hoodie

hoodie6

Honored Contributor

Re: New A279520 Linea Leisure Hoodie

love the style but soooooooo disappointed he did this in all cotton.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@diamondscribe wrote:

Mark your calendars for AM Style, Sat. July 9th! At last, the hoodie! I tried to describe this hoodie from when it posted on LDO's blog for just a short bit, but didn't want to post a photo until Louis was ready. He just posted the complete array of colors in which this casual hoodie will be offered.

LINEA LEISURE HOODIE, A279520, I am introducing a new fabric…..It is a 100% fine ribbed cotton…which has it’s own NATURAL STRETCH…..The HOODIE has become as Iconic as a pair of jeans, and as common as leggings….…..For my shorter petites…if the hoodie comes to just above your knee or even mid knee that’s still a great look with a pair of leggings or tights….in the fall add boots or shoe boots….If it looks like a HOODIE DRESS that will be unique to you. You can see from the photos there is some swing and drape to this top…..so it should be very comfortable for those of you who need that added room. Of course there are BAND POCKETS….so you have some place to put your tissue etc etc. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I love the design of this hoodie and all the colors!

As for it being an all cotton fabrication, I think Louis would select a good weight and an upscale quality of cotton.  

Thanks for posting this, @diamondscribe - I'm looking forward to seeing Louis on AM Style on the 9th. 

Honored Contributor

Nice to see all cotton but I do not care for hoodies or the style of this one but I know many will love it so enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Very cute and the colors are nice.  I wasn't a hoodie person either but now I own several from his line so this is a pass for me but for those that jump on it enjoy.

Respected Contributor

I love hoodies and as usual love the details Louis put on this one. Will get black and either taupe and/or sage.
Respected Contributor

Love everything about  this. I prefer all cotton. The problem is I do like all the colors. Definitely the black and sage, but that rose is looking very good to me

Esteemed Contributor

I want to see the petite model in it ... it's rather long; it'll be more like a sweater coat on me but that may be okay.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this hoodie, too, even though I don't NEED more Smiley Wink But, when has that ever stopped me before where Linea is concerned!

I love the 100% cotton knit fabric and the long length. I will be ordering the black & taupe, but I'm liking the sage, too.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies is this a snap front jacket with snaps on entire length, or is this a pullover?  Would have loved to be able to zoom the photos here.  Sorry, my eyesight not great so cannot see everything.

I love hoodies also.  Thanks for any help.