Honored Contributor

Re: New A273301 Lace Back Sweater - Stunning!

@alliswell wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Pretty sweater!  I am a jacket wearer so the lace in the back would be a waste for me.  

Just thinking/wondering/curious, since the lace is lined, if the sweater could be worn with the lace on the front?   

Someone asked that question on his blog and Louis said it might not work since the lace part of the sweater at the back of the neck is higher than the front part.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

This is a beautiful sweater! I especially like the Lt Khaki, but it appears that the back is see-through, given how visible the label is.  I don't care for bras showing, espcially on the back where all the ugly hardware is.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

If only this sweater came in alabaster instead of light khaki, sigh.....

I will be anxious to see the khaki with alabaster pants on his show.  I wish so badly he had done black or albaster. Waaaahhh.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own three of the Lt Khaki slim ankle pants so clearly the Lt. Khaki will be coming home to me - possibly the navy also.  This sweater is gorgeous.

Esteemed Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

This is a beautiful sweater! I especially like the Lt Khaki, but it appears that the back is see-through, given how visible the label is.  I don't care for bras showing, espcially on the back where all the ugly hardware is.

@JGalt Louis says that the lace back is lined with a lightweight tricot knit.  I don't think that would be see through if you wear a flesh colored bra.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I doubt Louis or  QVC would approve anything that is see through. It would risk too many returns. I'll wear a nude bra.

Esteemed Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

If only this sweater came in alabaster instead of light khaki, sigh.....

I will be anxious to see the khaki with alabaster pants on his show.  I wish so badly he had done black or albaster. Waaaahhh.

I'll buy the navy, but I do agree that I'll not be putting khaki nor any shade of green near my face!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me it looks more like a champagne color which works for me. Maybe khaki was an  unfortunate name. I have the moss crepe top and pant and it really isn't khaki.

Respected Contributor

I think the "khaki" name is referring to the light tan color originally from India during the British occupation/Raj.  It's a lovely shade, and can refer to everything from very light sand to a light greenish shade.  This definitely does look like a champagne shade, very pretty.  

The Celadon looks exactly as I picture a celadon green, unlike Dooney's use of this shade name when they had a handbag that was a teal color and called it Celadon.  

I like them all.  I will probably only get one, right now am leaning toward the Celadon.....but I think the navy would be fabulous with winter white or stone or alabaster pants.  The lace shows so beautifully in the navy.

Honored Contributor

AUTHOR:   navy would be fabulous with winter white or stone...

NAT:  Yes, yes, yes.