Trusted Contributor

Need some suggestions, please!

I have the boho skirt in the chambray blue from a couple of years ago.  Love anything in light blue and always grab it, especially something as popular as the boho skirt. 

I've had trouble making it an 'outfit'.  I usually just put on a white 3/4 sleeve cotton tee shirt, navy skinny belt and navy espadrilles, but it doesn't feel complete the way a true Linea ensemble should.  

When I saw the lace jacket in light blue I grabbed it as I was SURE that they would coordinate (doesn't Linea always?!) and it would give me another dressier look for that boho. I did that last year with the PP lace jacket and it works with the PP boho, beautifully. Add the khaki tank, tan sandals or espadrilles and boom, done. Not so the blue.  The lace jacket is a different light blue and I am so bummed. I looked at them both in the florescent light of my closet and the natural light of the bedroom, it just doesn't look right.   I will probably send the jacket back as I don't need a $65 jacket that doesn't fit the express purpose I intended.  

So, any suggestions as to what to wear with the chambray boho to dress it up a little?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Need some suggestions, please!

I love light blue (chambray) with deep olive, or charcoal, or black.  Think blue sky, deep green forest.  

Black is the most sophisticated choice, so with any jacket or top in black it will look dressier.  Add statement jewelry, maybe with a touch of blue (any shade, don't worry about matching).  One piece is enough!

When I try to match tops and bottoms exactly, it never is spot on, and looks a bit haphazard.  

All ivory would look so nice with the blue too, soft and summery.  You shall have to get out options and play!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Author!  I like that olive idea, and I have LOTS of olive - tops, sweaters, etc.  But you're right, I should stop pouting and just start digging in my closet...

Super Contributor

How about a blue jean jacket - either in dark denim or white?

Valued Contributor

I wore the chambray skirt one day and went shopping to find print or stripe tops to match it.  This was a year or so ago.  I did find a stripe tee as well as a sleeveless print button front top. I also purchased an ivory sleeveless moto zippered top from WHBM to wear with it as well as the perfectly pink boho.

Respected Contributor

I wear my Linea denim blue or white jean vest and a white T and espardrilles.