Respected Contributor

NEW Top and Skort!!

[ Edited ]

skort

………….A word I thought you would never hear pass through my lips is………S.K.O.R.T…….It really is an ugly word to describe a piece of clothing….so if anyone has a better name I would love to hear it. I did say I would NEVER do a skort, but then I remembered a SILK CREPE DE CHINE “skirt short” I did many moons ago at Anne Klein. It was a pair of shorts with an attached wrap skirt….front and back so the shorts were not really seen…….only the side of the pant leg. These were part of a resort collection, and there were many tops that coordinated with it…….such as Silk Crepe de Chine Ts, shirts and peasant blouses. All of the pieces came in vivid colors such as fuchsia, purple, parrot green,azure and tobacco……all to be mixed and matched. There were also lizard belts and sandals in the colors to coordinate……It was a fun group…….Jumping ahead to 2015 I thought I would bring a similar version back for this transition group……..The SKORT, A265613, is made in a brand new fabric. It is 90% polyester and 10% spandex. I would describe the hand as a silky weighty georgette…..not see through at all. The surface is smooth and has a matte finish. It looks expensive, and I’m sure you will love it. The skirt is approx. 17-17 1/2 inches long for the xxs…….about the length of walking shorts. The construction of the skort is very clever……The leg actually becomes part of the skirt. It really is too difficult to describe,but it will be very clear when you get it home.The elastic waist band is also very special. It is approx 1 1/2 inches wide, and there are three rows of elastic stitching to give the skort a wonderful detail. There is also a six inch section of the front that is totally flat….sort of like boxers trunks. It gives the waist band a finished Designer look. If you choose to wear anything tucked in…it will look more finished than your typical elastic waist band. Another wonderful feature of the skort is…..there are ….POCKETS!……This is a very special piece….It can be as casual as you want, but it is certainly appropriate to wear to parties, dinner and even to work with flat sandals, wedges or skimmers…………………The “T” BLOUSE, A266302, is made in the same fabric as the skort so you can wear them

together, or as a fabulous separate top. The blouse has a short DOLMAN sleeve and has cuffs that are tacked up so they won’t fall down. It has a curved shirt tail bottom, and is approx 27 inches long to the center front for the XS. It has a scoop neckline, and there is a HENLEY placket with four working buttons…..The color of the SKORT  and the T is called……….COFFEE BEAN……and pretty well matches other Coffee Bean items I have done before…………I love mixing COFFEE BEAN with WHITE, so I chose the WK SLEEVELESS MOCK, A233947, and the matching WHITE CLASSIC WK CARDIGAN, A233940, which is now on CLEARANCE. White is just one of the colors that looks wonderful with Coffee Bean…..Pastels and Brights all work well with this warm brown color…………I chose to accessorize the Coffee Bean with my new CHOCOLATE necklaces….the FALLING LEAVES NECKLACE & EARRING SET, and the CHOCOLATE DINGLE DANGLE NECKLACE coordinated with the CHOCOLATE DEMI HOOP…..All of the jewelry pieces are scheduled to be avail at the end of July and August……..I really love these new pieces, and I hope you do too……………………………………………………….enjoy………………………………….much Love………………………………….Louis

black skort

.When Jac saw this BLACK TOP hanging on the wall in my studio she immediately said, “I want this”. To say it’s right up her alley is a major understatement!! If you are a BLACK lover, as she is, you don’t need me to tell you the importance of black tops in all shapes and fabrics. You will find this becomes a staple in your year round wardrobe. There isn’t a thing you can’t wear this top with from your ZIG ZAG skirt…..your MOSS CREPE SKIRT…..to any of your BOHO skirts..solids and PRINTS….Wear it with wonderful trousers, crops, shorts, leggings etc. etc. In the photos above I have the top teamed with the vintage Herringbone trousers in natural, and ivory crepe pants…….Naturally the matching BLACK SKORT looks SUPER CHIC……………How versatile, and practical will a BLACK SKORT be in your wardrobes? You already must own a zillion tops that can be worn with it. I think these are to very special pieces that can be added to your ever expanding BLACK wardrobes………and think of the fun accessorizing will be!!…………………………………………………………………………..enjoy………………………………..much Love………………………………Louis

stripe5

.The MOSS TOP and SKORT are marvelous together if you are a fan of the safari look….Perhaps it is a color that just works for you. The Moss pieces  make terrific separates too. At the upper left there is a picture of the MOSS SKORT with a Black tank and the MOSS ZEBRA CARDIGAN………In a few of the pictures the MOSS TOP is featured with the vintage Linea Olive faux linen trousers. There are many many colors that would look wonderful with the Moss Skort……..think Caribbean flowers and ferns….Fuchsias, Habiscus, lavenders and lilacs, aquas and blues…sherbets and nectar……pale and bright yellows……plus all of your neutrals…..ivory, light tan, khaki and chino all look great with moss…….The necklace is J317652, the OLIVE free foam beads with the gold rings…..The earring, J271863, is in the Bronze color with the large Moss bead. For another option there is the coordinate Multi Faceted Bead necklace to the earring, J271862, also in Bronxe with Moss beads. Since this is my first SKORT for QVC….I hope you like it…………………………………………….enjoy………………………much Love………………………………..Louis

Esteemed Contributor

I like the tops very much but the skorts are not for me.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: NEW Top and Skort!!

[ Edited ]

@gardensla

Ditto for me. These aging knees can no longer handle shorts, skorts or skirts above the knee.

Respected Contributor

gardensla, I would normally agree. I've never been a fan of skorts, but these look more like a short wrap  skirt, and the heavy georgette makes them a little dressier. I  will give these a try in the black and coffee bean. Love the top.

Trusted Contributor

I usually don't like them either, but this is a great length, I will have to try.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do like that Louis designed both the front and back sides to look like a skirt.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2E wrote:

I do like that Louis designed both the front and back sides to look like a skirt.

Hi, 2E. I think that's a great point! Leave it to Louis to style a skort elegantly.

For me, it's a length & aging knee issue. I don't wear shorts, either.

Valued Contributor

I too think Louis has done a beautiful job on this design though I also won't be doing a skort.  It's length; it's these aging knees; it's all those lovely varicose veins from 6 pregnancies; it's the not-so-nice look from behind in that area just above the back of the knee on these once pretty good-looking long legs.  Ah well.  At least they still work and while they may look more unsightly these days ~ as long as I don't expose them in something short like this, nobody is the wiser .  Smiley Wink

Love the look of that dingle dangle necklace in chocolate with that beautiful chocolate color and optic white!

Respected Contributor

Another great travel outfit from Louis!

Respected Contributor

@TheOwl

You took the words right out of my mouth! Except you had twice as many pregnancies as I did!!

Wish I could still wear short lengths...so glad I embraced the mini skirt all those years ago. It was fun while it lasted. Like our youth! (smile)