Respected Contributor

My Review of new LL Color Block Top in Cream

This arrived lightening fast!  Sorry to say, I am not a fan of the color.  It is a very dark "vanilla" color---lots of yellow/brown--very much like Alabaster, maybe even darker.  I was expecting a ligher cream.  So for me, it doesn't work with my coloring, sorry to say.  I will take another look at the other colors and decide whether an exchange or a return. Quality is excellent, though, as expected, and loving the style.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Review of new LL Color Block Top in Cream

I love the taupe and the merlot that might better for you; I didn't order it yet trying to cut back but maybe later if it's still in my size to go with my taupe leisure pants.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. Did you get anything in alabaster WK? It's one of my favorite colors so I'm hoping I like the cream as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49

Sorry the color didn't work...I know the feeling.  I'm considering the merlot in this top, but the merlot doesn't look good on me.  Someone asked about it on LDO's blog and he said it was "redder" than the solid merlot raglan top...peobably because of the heathered look.  I would love if you would give more details as to the fit...it looked a little bit short and a little bit snug in the hip area...and fabric...can you compare the fabric to any of the other leisure fabrics?  Thanks!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. Did you get anything in alabaster WK? It's one of my favorite colors so I'm hoping I like the cream as well.

That's exactly my problem.  Although Alabaster is a gorgeous color, it is horrible with my skin tone.  This new Cream color block top is quite simliar to Alabaster, so it also doesn't work for me.  I'll live---I have more than enought clothes to dress an army.  I didn't need this, it was a pure "want."

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Maxine49

I would love if you would give more details as to the fit...it looked a little bit short and a little bit snug in the hip area...and fabric...can you compare the fabric to any of the other leisure fabrics?  Thanks!

I never even opened the package when I saw the color, so I did not try it on.  It's going back in pristine condition.

Frequent Contributor

I received the cream and taupe today.....agree with the OP about the cream color , however, the color does work for me.  I do have to say, it runs a little large....I maybe on the fence because of that.  Just not sure the next smaller size would fit.....

Valued Contributor

I agree. The crean doesn't work for me either. However, I have the alabaster and that works fine. I think the alabaster has a slightly pink cast while this cream seems to be more on the yellow side.

Esteemed Contributor

@BHawk wrote:

I received the cream and taupe today.....agree with the OP about the cream color , however, the color does work for me.  I do have to say, it runs a little large....I maybe on the fence because of that.  Just not sure the next smaller size would fit.....

@BHawk  My cream Color Block Top is too big for me in the XS I usually wear in Linea tops (except for WK).  The color is a good one for my coloring but like you I'm hesitant to order one size down.  Most XXS tops are too tight around my tummy and that is SO unflattering.  Don't know if I want to gamble more $ on another size.  Sigh.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett