Honored Contributor

Re: My New Coat A284133 arrived today!

My red coat arrived and it looks really nice! I need to have sleeves shortened and will steam out folding wrinkles. The buttons are bright gold and I will not wear it military style with it completely buttoned up. The top button will be unbuttoned and the collar will be turned back.

It is good for fall or spring, but not for winter months, IMO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Since our winters haven't started until Jan. that will give us a long season. Now that I said that we'll have a blizzard. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 

@Marlyn1 wrote:

Since our winters haven't started until Jan. that will give us a long season. Now that I said that we'll have a blizzard. LOL

Oh No!!  Now you've jinxed it and Chicago is doomed. LOL 😀😀😀

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

My red coat arrived and it looks really nice! I need to have sleeves shortened and will steam out folding wrinkles. The buttons are bright gold and I will not wear it military style with it completely buttoned up. The top button will be unbuttoned and the collar will be turned back.

It is good for fall or spring, but not for winter months, IMO.

That's how I will wear my coat, with top one or two buttons opened. The red coat arrived today and it's a beauty. For me, it did fit similar to the trench coat, so I am glad I ordered the larger of my two sizes. Even going with the higher size, it is a bit fitted for me thru bust line. I would not want to go up another size because then it would be too big below waist and thru shoulders. 

Tried it on with the matching turtle neck and the cardigan, looked fab with both. I think I am going to wear to an event this weekend with winter white slacks that I've had forever. Time to break out the chunky gold jewelry.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

My scarlet coat arrived today in the same size as the black one that came last week, and it is way too snug, quite a bit tighter than the black one which is "just ok" but unavailable in a larger size.  I can make it work, and love it. 

I do have a size larger coming in the Scarlet and that may or may not work, as the shoulders, sleeves, top all get too large if I go up.  Tried to cancel it as I'm so over the limited availablity, price increase, and slow shipping but it's too late to cancel so it will arrive and then I'll decide.

It's beautiful as I knew it would be, but why I posted was to mention it came in a BOX, not the plastic bag they started out with, so maybe someone out there is listening after all.  

Honored Contributor

I took my coat to the seamstress today at the dry cleaners to shorten the sleeves. The cost is $28 and I will pick it up on Saturday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

My (3) coats all arrived today! Stunners, each and every one. I ordered the same size as my trenches (for me that was a size 8, which is one size up from my normal Linea woven wear size, as I wanted a bit of ease across the chest) and the fit is spot on. I didn;t have a fit difference between colors, but who know...luck of the draw with the Q. 

My coats also arrived in a box. All three came in one box. While I appreciate the box, that meant I paid triple the shipping cost for what was sent in one package. I will survive, but grrrr...

I can't wait to wear my entire red ensemble this Christmas (I found a pair of red pumps that are the EXACT match, by the way. They have a high heel so not for everyone, but they're fabulous. Google "michael kors jennings pump".) I know I will wear the white coat over my WK heather grey pieces now and over navy in the spring. The black? I didn't need, but had to have. 

Truly hoping there are a minimal number of returns. I would love this coat in NAVY!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla ...

Great idea regarding  grey with the white coat ... hadn't visualized that combination ... I have the grey turtleneck and, I believe, some grey whisper knit pants, if I'm not mistaken.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

redpump.JPG

This look a bit brighter in this image than in person. In reality, they are almost a dyed-to-match, match with Linea Scarlet Red.

$59.00 at Bon Ton, by the way.  

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

My (3) coats all arrived today! Stunners, each and every one. I ordered the same size as my trenches (for me that was a size 8, which is one size up from my normal Linea woven wear size, as I wanted a bit of ease across the chest) and the fit is spot on. I didn;t have a fit difference between colors, but who know...luck of the draw with the Q. 

My coats also arrived in a box. All three came in one box. While I appreciate the box, that meant I paid triple the shipping cost for what was sent in one package. I will survive, but grrrr...

I can't wait to wear my entire red ensemble this Christmas (I found a pair of red pumps that are the EXACT match, by the way. They have a high heel so not for everyone, but they're fabulous. Google "michael kors jennings pump".) I know I will wear the white coat over my WK heather grey pieces now and over navy in the spring. The black? I didn't need, but had to have. 

Truly hoping there are a minimal number of returns. I would love this coat in NAVY!

I would love this coat in navy...with silver buttons. I love the combo of navy and white with loads of my silver jewelry.  And as for your red shoes, ooh la la. Love them. We had a naughty name for those kind of shoes ... back when I could wear those kind of shoes. 😃

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."