Respected Contributor

Re: My New Coat A284133 arrived today!

[ Edited ]

I waited until I had all three coats delivered to post a review...the black & red finally arrived today. The coat is gorgeous, as everyone is saying...love everything about it. I'm glad I ordered all three colors. I will wear this coat in the winter layered, when needed, and as a suit jacket/topper. I'll get three season's wear out of it, even here in Colorado.

Grrrrr on the sizing, though. I decided to order the same size as my trenches--14--for the black & red and size 12 in the white (half expecting to return it). Well, the 12 fits perfectly, including the sleeve length, with room for layering. And, I never thought being smallish busted would be a good thing, but it is in this coat! The 14's fit in the shoulders & the sleeve length is fine, but the hip is poofing out in the back on me Woman Sad I re-watched the last Linea show and I see it's a bit "poofy" on the models, too. So, maybe that's how it should fit?

I now have to decide whether to keep what I have and call it a day, or swap out at least the black for a 12. The red is waitlisted in my size and I have the size 12 black on a check-hold, so I may keep the red in size 14, in case that waitlist gets cancelled.

What would you do? I hate the aggravation (and the cost!) of swapping for new sizes. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a headache.

Even with the extra cost, it's still a great coat at a great (reduced) price.

This being QVC, I have the feeling that when it's gone, it's gone. Even if reordered no guarantee about these colors.

Honestly, I would return both (so you only pay one shipping fee) and order new sizes as they appear. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

What a headache.

Even with the extra cost, it's still a great coat at a great (reduced) price.

This being QVC, I have the feeling that when it's gone, it's gone. Even if reordered no guarantee about these colors.

Honestly, I would return both (so you only pay one shipping fee) and order new sizes as they appear. 

That's my concern--the red is now showing sold out, so I could be out of luck, if I return the 14. And, of course, this is a great coat at even a much higher price! That's why I'm trying to strategize my next move. Ha! Appreciate your POV & good advice. 

Esteemed Contributor

You can return anything bought now until the end of January!

Hold onto it and take a wait and see approach?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Good plan--forgot about the January return. Yay. Thanks, @gardensla!

Respected Contributor

my red and white jackets/coats arrived -  fit perfectly except maybe a tad long in the sleeves.  i need to try on with a sweater before any decisions on alterations, if any.  i envision wearing my red with a long black column skirt and the ivory with ivory pants and splashy gold hoops.  i will get good use out of both -  and will love wearing them.  thank you, Louis.

Honored Contributor

A red 12 went back on Monday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Received the Red and Black & love both of them . . . I too hope that Louis can bring this coat back in Navy . . . or Camel (or both) . . . Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

After reading everyone's opinions on keeping or returning, I have my red coat in the smaller more

snug size packed up but think I will wait and see how the larger one fits before I ship it.  Of course it is still in process after 5 days or so.  Fortunately once they ship UPS it's fairly fast, but I'll not see the larger red one until mid-week probably, sigh.

It is such a great coat and the red is my perfect red.  I hope one of these will work ok.  Tomorrow I hope to wear the new black one if it isn't raining, and if it is, time for The Trench!

No I doubt if these coats will be back, but maybe in navy with silver for spring and a return of the white one!  We can hope.

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

my red and white jackets/coats arrived -  fit perfectly except maybe a tad long in the sleeves.  i need to try on with a sweater before any decisions on alterations, if any.  i envision wearing my red with a long black column skirt and the ivory with ivory pants and splashy gold hoops.  i will get good use out of both -  and will love wearing them.  thank you, Louis.

@ms traditional  -  I have long arms, but the arms on this coat are long.  I noticed when you zoom in on the still picture of the red coat (where Amy is modeling it and they show her size), they've tucked the sleeve up inside the coat.  I love the coat, ordered the black and red, and bought it in a 4 (I'm usually a size 6 or 8) and I could have probably gotten the 2.  This jacket ran a bit big in my opinion, but I think with a sweater underneath, it should be fine.  Hope you enjoy yours too!