Super Contributor

Mallard Swing Cardi Has Arrrived!

Just received the Swing Cardi A267864 in the new Mallard color, and it's beautiful! A definite jewel-tone shade of deep turquoise-ish blue, with only the barest hint of a green undertone, bright enough to look good with black. I have a Vince Camuto ponte blazer that is an exact match. 

I don't have the older Mallard pieces, but this Mallard is VERY similar to the Linea WK Petrol Blue items that I do have and love, including the A257380 Zip Front Cardigan, the A257384 Calf-Length Skirt, and the A257373 Open Front Cardigan. The Mallard is slightly lighter than the Petrol Blue, but the cardi I received is "off" enough from the Petrol Blue that I don't plan to wear the Mallard cardi with the Petrol Blue skirt. Layering pieces to match this new Mallard cardi would have been wonderful!

Regular Contributor

Re: Mallard Swing Cardi Has Arrrived!

[ Edited ]

@2E wrote:

Just received the Swing Cardi A267864 in the new Mallard color, and it's beautiful! A definite jewel-tone shade of deep turquoise-ish blue, with only the barest hint of a green undertone, bright enough to look good with black. I have a Vince Camuto ponte blazer that is an exact match. 

I don't have the older Mallard pieces, but this Mallard is VERY similar to the Linea WK Petrol Blue items that I do have and love, including the A257380 Zip Front Cardigan, the A257384 Calf-Length Skirt, and the A257373 Open Front Cardigan. The Mallard is slightly lighter than the Petrol Blue, but the cardi I received is "off" enough from the Petrol Blue that I don't plan to wear the Mallard cardi with the Petrol Blue skirt. Layering pieces to match this new Mallard cardi would have been wonderful!

Thanks for taking the time to review.  It really helps.  I have the petrol blue zip cardigan and really like it but since mallard is so close in color, I won't be picking up the swing cardi in this color.  Didn't the oversized WK also come in petrol blue?  If someone didn't get the petrol blue pieces, mallard may be just the right hue with tan, chocolate, black, charcoal... The swing cardigan is such an attractive style.  I love it!  And you are right, 2E, layering pieces would have been wonderful.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the details on the Mallard.  I was hoping for a Bottle Green, the color on a Mallard's head as I have the Petrol Blue, so am glad I held off.  Perhaps one of the other colors will work for me, although I have charcoal, raspberry and black already and they are all excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

So essentially it's another shade of cobalt blue?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Regular Contributor

I, too, just received the new sweater in the mallard color. It is really like a  teal blue color-- I think it is deeper  and less bright than the petrol blue of other Linea items. Personally, I was disappointed in how blue the new mallard shade is. In the past, Louis did some greener shades called mallard. I thought this would be more green than blue.This color won't go with any other greenish/blue items from seasons past that I have. I am debating whether to keep or return this sweater. But I do love the 'swing' style very much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

No, I wouldn't say that. To me, cobalt is a true blue, with no green in it. The mallard has green in it. Mine just arrived, and I was just playing with it. It's pretty much what I expected, and all shades of blue/green are great for me. I agree it's a shame that there are no matching pieces.  I'll be wearing it casually,  probably over black, grey, winter white, or brown. It's a very pretty shade. 

ETA. I'll also be watching to see what colors Louis puts with it. He usually comes up with combinations that I'd never think of!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

I agree it's a shame that there are no matching pieces.  I'll be wearing it casually,  probably over black, grey, winter white, or brown. It's a very pretty shade. 

ETA. I'll also be watching to see what colors Louis puts with it. He usually comes up with combinations that I'd never think of!

Hi. Did you Ask Louis on his website if he is doing anything else in Mallard?  If not this year, and if people like it, he may do something next year.  Worth an Ask. 

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the review. I'm hoping for a more green version so you saved me the hassle of ordering/returning. Love the swing cardigan!

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags

Thanks shoes...there's a color swatch up now and I see what you mean.  I'm still on the fence since I don't do greens very well...blue is great for me, but I have so many shades of a cobalt-like blue (or what might just be easier called a medium blue) that I don't really need yet another shade of it lol!  This mallard could work and be different enough.  

That said, I just bought this in baltic blue, which excuse me for pointing it out, but it's a shade of cobalt blue!!!  Couldn't resist for the price, but I'm starting to question my sanity.

Linea Leisure by Louis DellOlio Knit Jacket - A267866

A267866

Have a great evening!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

I just saw the mallard color swatch and actually like it. Who knows how accurate it is. I wasn't crazy about the petrol blue. This looks like it has more green in it. As much as I love blues, I'm picky about blue tops with jeans, which I wear a lot of. Any thoughts on how this mallard goes with denim?