Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for descriptions of the color "currant"...

@Lyn08 wrote:

I am an autumn, fair/warm.  I ordered the color block cardigan set in alabaster/black and also the currant set.  I was concerned the currant color would be too "pink" for me, but I really like it.  I asked Louis on his blog if he thought it would work for me, and he said he thought it would work well, so I bought the set, since I can wear raspberry.  I think it is more of a red/rose color with some brown undertones.  It's an unusual color, so it's a bit hard to describe.  I don't see blue undertones in it.  

I considered also getting the blue/grey, but I'm not sure of the color combo on me.    I can wear some greys, though, so maybe I should consider getting this set also.  I just love sweater sets.  

Yes!  Just what I was hoping to hear.  Too pink is what I was afraid of too.  Red/rose with brown undertones (not blue) sounds good.  Thanks so much!  I think I'm going to go for it.

The blue/grey is beautiful.  As a spring with blue/grey eyes and blonde hair (strawberry undertones), I can wear it.   Hopefully another autumn will chime in on it. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I have the currant and I agree with @author in her assessment of the actual color. Its a reddish brown color. I'm olive skinned brunette so that makes me a 'winter'. It looks exactly like it does in person as it appears on my monitor.

Thanks JustJazzmom!   I think I'm going to try it and hope it works for me.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I don't own either of these pieces in currant; but it is a very pretty. Odd choice of names for that color, if it is truly like what I am seeing on my computer monitor. Love those short sleeved sweaters ! 

Honored Contributor

You can never judge a color by it's name or from verbal descriptions from others.  Both are much too subjective.  One person's idea of "raisin" might not be someone else's idea of "raisin".  The computer pictures help but they can be "off" too.  If you can find a video of the actual presentation of the garment, that's your best bet.  If you have a particular picture of a color in your head and that's all you want.  You don't want any variation on that.  You should pass on that garment.  Why buy something when chances are that you are going to end up returning it? 

Respected Contributor

So glad I took a chance on the currant!  It is indeed less pink than it appears on my monitor.  Beautiful color.  Woohoo!! 

Thanks to those that have the sweater that tried to describe the color for me.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think Louis was going after the fresh currant berry, and not the color when it is dried. It isn't dark. I think it's a flattering color. There are a lot of lipsticks this color.