Esteemed Contributor

I'm no help at all...I have his items in sizes sm, med and lrg!!   Recently, I've had to return same item in different color(s) due to inconsistent sizing. (Don't get me started.)  LDO is worth the Q sizing rigamarole.  The click here measurements are usually tolerably accurate.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

I found that the safari crinkle georgette shirt ran VERY large, for me. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@RetRN@JustJazzmom

Hi! I think this color must be the "Aqua mist" don't you?

IMG_7040.JPG

Yes, it is. I like it -- a soft green IMO or a pastel shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor
@MacDUFF

Frustrating, isn't it? I have bought different sizes of the same item so I hopefully get one that fits, but I hate having to return one and I know it doesn't help Louis's numbers. But if I order the size I think I need and it doesn't fit, I run the risk of my size selling out.

The click here measurements sometimes help and sometimes I look at them and only get more frustrated.
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Just wondering what sizes you get in the Kate shirt and the crinkle safari shirt. Do you get your normal Linea size? If you are between sizes do you get your smaller or larger size in those pieces?

I'm between an XXS and an XS. All the other crinkle safari shirts I have are an XXS but I wonder about going up a size. I have the Kate shirt in an XS and even wonder about going up to a small. The XS just fits and I wonder if I'd like it a tad roomier or if it would look sloppy. How do you all like your Kate shirts to fit?

@crazycockermom

I originally purchased both of these in my usual XS. Then reading comments by Barbara in Virginia and how she likes more ease in her garments, especially in hot weather, I went up a size in the Safari set. The top has a bit more drape and wasn't as close fitting. This gave me a bit of a blousey option when tying the front and I like that look much more than a close fit, especially in this fabric. It's more airy and floaty and not overwhelming. The tank was a smidge large but not a dealbreaker. I could take it up at the shoulder seams yet haven't. Really it's no big deal. 

I like the addional ease in a Small Kate shirt. The neck is bigger but I don't button the top button so that's OK. The sleeves are longer but again when buttoned or rolled it works without looking too big. Plus being mostly cotton it's good for any shrinkage.

Respected Contributor
@rochelleS

Thank you so much for your input! I have been on the fence about this since the new colors were posted. I decided to try the XS. I really think it will be fine as sometimes the tank seems a little too snug in the XXS.

Still haven't ordered the Kate shirt. I don't button it all the way up either. In fact, I've thought that if I did try it a size larger and it was too big, I could try it as a shirt jacket with a tank underneath.

I hear ya about the shrinkage. If my current Kate shirts shrink even a smudge, they won't fit.

Thanks again!!
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

You're welcome! It's my pleasure and always happy to share. All these new colors are just great, loving the selections available regardless of what I end up buying, my imagination is having a field day mixing and matching. It's been so dreary this winter and these colors are so refreshing. And yup, wear the Kate open, a good casual look. Enjoy and please share when your goodies arrive!

Respected Contributor

I generally order medium, but lately I have sized down for the whisper knit pieces to small.