Contributor

Linea care question

[ Edited ]

I've noticed that most Linea items are now hand wash. Can they be safely washed on a delicate cycle?  I'd really rather not handwash anything if I can help it.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I don't hand wash anything.  I put them in machine on delicate cycle.  If the fabric seems fragile I will wash it in lingerie bag. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't want to generalize about "most" LINEA hand wash items, but I definitely don't handwash any of my whisper knits. They go into mesh lingerie bags and are washed in the machine in cold water with similar colors (dark or light).  My detergent is Tide. I lay them flat to dry, but many Linea ladies machine dry.  Part of the beauty of whisper knits is their easy care. Woman Happy

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

With the exception of coats and blazers, all my Linea goes straight into the machine on gentle and is lined dry. No problems!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

Re: Linea car question

[ Edited ]

For my delicate washables, no matter the brand, the care instructions, or the embelishments, I turn garment inside out, put in lingerie bags & wash on delicate/gentle cycle with cold water with like colors.  Remove promptly, turn back to right side and hang on indoor folding dryer.  And if a sweater/heavy material then lay it flat across several of those racks or place on a towel on top of washing machine to dry, changing the towel once most moisture is wicked out of garment.  Hope that helps!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Forgot to add I never wash jackets or coats.  They all go to the cleaners no matter what the label says. 

Contributor

Thanks to all of you who answered. And please forgive the typo in the header.

Honored Contributor

@franinnyc

You can edit all typos-- see the 3 gray dots in upper right hand corner of your post? Hover the cursor of mouse near it and you will see a drop down menu-- it will say edit your reply, click on that and you can edit your thread title.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

lingerie and sweater bags are my friends I have multiples.

Frequent Contributor

Can u tell me the size of the laundry bag you would use for a sweater.  I have one bag and never used

Thanx