Respected Contributor

Linea can't get a TSV, but...

H by Halston can get a TSV in a style that is flattering only to someone tall and thin. What is up with that?  Louis brings beautiful, classy clothes to QVC and the fabrics are top quality, but rarely gets a TSV.  I'm sure there are lots of people who will order the H by Halston Cardigan, but I'm predicting many returns.

Honored Contributor

Re: Linea can't get a TSV, but...

i am just guessing but maybe Linea sells so well it doesn't need any inspiring prices..just a thought?

Valued Contributor

@dex wrote:

i am just guessing but maybe Linea sells so well it doesn't need any inspiring prices..just a thought?

I agree - also I don't think most TSV's are priced that much lower than regular price.  But it does seem Q doesn't  appreciate Linea as much as his customers do.

Super Contributor

Louis has often said that he couldn't bring back an item or create a requested item because he wouldn't be able to bring it in at the price point needed. I think he is incredibly talented at bringing in his designer level fashions in high end fabrics, and the profit margins must be very close, not much wiggle room. To bring in an item for TSV might require a reduction in quality and I wouldn't be eager for that at all.

Respected Contributor

I think Moto made some good points!  If you notice this Halston tsv is very simple, no intricate fit details, not much problem with sizing for most.  You could probably order up or down and still be ok.   I think because of that the cost for manufacturing this would be low and they are charging a fairly high price for something like this, so there are profits galore.  

It's a very pretty sweater but would look horrible on my xl short self.  

I was amused by the very expensive "sweat shirt" this a.m.  Really?

And the funny thing is that they don't even have the designer (of course), just a stylist, and are using the Halston name and everyone seems in awe?  

I'm ok with no tsv for Linea; I like the fact that there are limited numbers for his pieces and when I get a compliment and question as to where I got something I know they can try but chances are it is sold out, e.g. the trench coat and the new ribbed cardi.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.  Although I've never purchased the Linea line but I can tell from watching that his quality is much better than this Halston line.  That sweater was so uncreative.  You can find anything like it in any store for half that.  It looked cheaply made and the material looked thin.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Super Contributor

Personally, I think the issue with a designer doing a TSV is that the product needs a very broad appeal, which often means that the design is not as "designer" as what normally draws someone to the line. For instance, Lisa Rinna has a beautiful line but it is not for everyone. It is a particular style but her first TSV this summer was a boxy, baggy top that in my opinion, was not representative of her usual chic style. But it needed to appeal to the masses and it got poor reviews. Not always the case as I think today's TSV actually is pretty representative of the Halston line but it is something I've noticed along the way. So while it would be nice to have a Linea TSV, be careful what you wish for as it might not be the true Linea you love. 

Respected Contributor

Louis doesn't get a TSV, because they aren't interested in pushing Linea. I think it's that simple. Louis had many beautiful TSVs in the past and they all did well. I still own them. I bet that new line they will be pushing soon gets a TSV. This H cardian is nylon and rayon, and the % isn't as good as the WK. It looks like it will pill after a while.

Respected Contributor

Linea had a TSV last year-a blazer.  I think it sold very well 20,000 plus.  As far as the Halston sweater.  I remember the first iteration when Halston was still alive.  You have to be thin and tall to carry it off.  I still think the Halston TSV is lovely.  It is a flattering iconic style if it looks good on you. I love LInea.  Louis has been on QVC for 15 years.  I hope he continues to design for his ladies, as we are known, for as long as he desires.  Where else can you have a 3 time Coty Award winner give you advice on your clothes. I always look forward and DVR the Linea  shows.  They are always fun.

Honored Contributor

What I think would have been the perfect TSV was the ombre high low hem jersey knit top. But what do I know?? I'm just Joan Q Customer.....

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼