Respected Contributor

I was just wondering.  Does the belt of the Linea trench coat have a loop to stick the excess belt flap through.  I opened up my trench coat last night to wear and their was not a belt loop for the belt.  Do I have a coat with a flaw or is this the way Louis designed the coat.

Honored Contributor

Re: Linea Trench Coat / Belt

It's a straight belt on that trench coat with a buckle on the belt; there are 2 loops on top of each other on the coat itself.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I have three of the coats and none of them have a loop on the belt.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same here & that's typical of a trench coat. No design flaw...

The belt end is looped/tied as Louis has done on-air during his shows or once buckled, the end is pulled back over the belt and then down to "secure" the end. Or, the belt can be tied in the back. Hard to describe in words, but you get the idea!

Honored Contributor

I had the belt loops removed.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your answers.  I am glad I do not have a defective trench coat.  Let's face it!  If it was defective, I have no possibility of getting another one.  My navy and black trench is lovely.  It has a wonderful fabric, superb styling and fit. I know Louis gave an example of the exact way to tie the belt flap when he initially showed the trench on AM Style.  This trench is another winner from Louis Dell' Olio and his Linea Collection!

The Q is always exciting when there is an appearance by Louis Dell' Olio!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sooooo excited!!!! My Linea navy trench went into process today! I was about to give up and just "settle" for something else! Yay!

Esteemed Contributor

I was finally able to wear my olive trench Sunday to church it was very chilly in the morning and not raining so it worked out perfect.  I do prefer it without the belt but I will keep the loops for now just in case I do want to wear the belt.