Super Contributor

I just want to say, after yesterday's show, it's very obvious that Linea is a unique brand.  Louis is a real designer, that LISTENS to his customers, and creates designs to suit their needs, and not just to run up sales.  It's a truly rare gem in the fashion world at these prices.  I heard him mention in one of the shows, that he created colors for women that live in a warmer climates, and another for those in cooler ones.  What designer still does this?  Usually it's what sells, and that's all that matters.  This brand is about quality, creativity, and affordability and all of those things eventually translate into sales.  That's what's missing in fashion retail today.  Everything looks the same!  I've only been shopping this brand for about a year, but I will continue to buy it.  Not everything works for me, but everything I receive is of top quality fabric, beautiful colors, and affordable prices.  Thank you QVC for keeping this brand in the lineup!  Amazing that you can find a designer that actually creates colors and styles to suit customers!

Esteemed Contributor

Louis del Olio has been my favorite designer from the first day he ever appeared on QVC. His original offerings were amazing...high quality design and fabrics. I still have some of his beautiful 100% wool blazers. QVC has limited his ability to offer us the finest natural fibers and detailed constructions of the past, but he continues to impress me with beautiful clothes despite all the constraints QVC has placed upon him. Louis del Olio is a gifted designer whom QVC should treasure as much as we do.

Trusted Contributor

AMEN to both of the above!!!!  I think most of the hosts that Louis works with are aware of the calibre of designer we are lucky to have here on QVC.  Wish management were more aware.

What were they thinking when they tried to dump him?!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I so agree.  he designs classics and that's my kind of style. in general, he doesn't do "trendy".  no high/low, zig-zag, asymmetrical, shark bite and that's great for me. his items are quality pieces that I can buy now and still wear years from now.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

A treasure...exceptionally talented (with a truly lovely wife to boot)!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

There's an expression: cream rises to the top and in terms of fashion, Louis is the cream of the crop!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

You're so right, Kimsu!

Another thing that I love is how he designs pieces to go with items we already have in our wardrobes. He's constantly showing us new ways to wear what we already have, by adding accessories, or, for instance, wearing a black tank over a white shirt. In addition, we can ask him questions on his blog, and I've seen over and over again how he takes time out of almost every day to answer our questions and give his opinions on whether this will go with that.

That's why I watch the show, to watch a true designer style the clothes in my closet!

Respected Contributor

Well said, kimsu1.

Louis is exceptionally talented - yet very down to earth.

Louis and Linea are by far The Best on Q!

Trusted Contributor

@kimsu1 wrote:

I just want to say, after yesterday's show, it's very obvious that Linea is a unique brand.  Louis is a real designer, that LISTENS to his customers, and creates designs to suit their needs, and not just to run up sales.  It's a truly rare gem in the fashion world at these prices.  I heard him mention in one of the shows, that he created colors for women that live in a warmer climates, and another for those in cooler ones.  What designer still does this?  Usually it's what sells, and that's all that matters.  This brand is about quality, creativity, and affordability and all of those things eventually translate into sales.  That's what's missing in fashion retail today.  Everything looks the same!  I've only been shopping this brand for about a year, but I will continue to buy it.  Not everything works for me, but everything I receive is of top quality fabric, beautiful colors, and affordable prices.  Thank you QVC for keeping this brand in the lineup!  Amazing that you can find a designer that actually creates colors and styles to suit customers!

Amen to that.

New Contributor

Linea is my favorite designer by far on the Q.  I don't really buy any other brands.  The whisper knit is my go-to top for days when I know I need to be comfortable but look polished.  I love his pulling outfits together...I wish he could still do the silks and wools, but he manages to find really nice fabrics in polyester or rayon or whatever.  I hope he stays healthy and designing for the Q for years to come.  Jac is wonderful as well.