Trusted Contributor

Do you think Louis will make his fabulous Trench Coat in a longer length, in the future? I adore it, but would love a mid calf length.

Respected Contributor

Re: LOUIS TRENCH COAT

[ Edited ]

He and other QVC vendors should make their trench coats in petites.  I can't wear a sleeve longer than 30".  Years ago, I got one of Joan Rivers' coats but had to return it because it was not petite and the sleeves were very long.  The rest of it fit badly as well.  I no longer buy any outerwear or pants that aren't petite.  The last straw was when I got a trench coat I really liked on sale and it cost as much as the coat to have the sleeves shortened because the band just above the wrist had to be moved.  Never again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOUIS TRENCH COAT

[ Edited ]

@Lucylu12 ...

Here's the link to Louis' website:

http://www.louisdellolio.com/blog/

He has an "Ask Louis" column as well as fabulous closeups of that gorgeous new color in the trench.   He'll be glad to personally answer your question.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

He and other QVC vendors should make their trench coats in petites.  I can't wear a sleeve longer than 30".  Years ago, I got one of Joan Rivers' coats but had to return it because it was not petite and the sleeves were very long.  The rest of it fit badly as well.  I no longer buy any outerwear or pants that aren't petite.  The last straw was when I got a trench coat I really liked on sale and it cost as much as the coat to have the sleeves shortened because the band just above the wrist had to be moved.  Never again.

@Ms X LDO and other designers don't make the decision to offer something in petite, QVC does.  Louis has explained that that he offers a number of designs and the QVC buyer decides which designs they want to produce and what sizes it will be offered in.  I'm 5'2" so I feel your pain!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett