Honored Contributor

Re: LINEA: Crepe Gauze Pants and Tunic Posted!!!

Hope I have not jinxed myself by ordering early.  Ordered last night.  On my way to doctor.  Will review my recording of show when I return.  This is probably the best show in a year or so and I have to miss it. But I got my stuff ordered.  Maybe best I am not here or I would order too much.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gauze Pants and Tunic Posted!!!

@shoesnbags ...

Thanks, Shoes ...  I'm also 5'2  and I know I can't possibly wear that tunic ... I want to hear how it works for you, though.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes walking up in the middle of the night is a good thing. Woke up at 3, couldn't get back to sleep, so got on my phone and ordered the black and alabaster sets. As well as the fern drawstring dress. Yay!
Respected Contributor

I'm interested in the pants and tunic.  However, I have a couple concerns for me:

I lost weight, and am trying to gain.  I've ordered size 8 in the past when I weighed more, and I know these pants have an elastic waist.  I usually order size Small (6-8), that that works best for me.  I measure 28" around the waist, and the size 6 is 27 1/2" relaxed waist and the size 8 is 28 1/2" relaxed waist.  Do you think I'd be better with the size 6 or the size 8?

Also, I don't like bare arms, and the tunic is sleeveless.  I do like the tunic, but I'd like to wear something over it.  Do you think this tunic can be worn with a shrug or sweater over it?  I don't want it to look strange.

I'd appreciate your comments.

Valued Contributor

@Lyn08, its been my experience that when I read a relaxed waist measurement for a pant, that I can expect that it will still be comfortable when extended/stretched another 2". Some say 3-4, but if I do, I'm aware of that slight elastic pinch.

Regarding the sleeveless tunic, I plan to wear a shorter cropped cardigan or shrug over the ones I ordered. It is too cold in our offices for me to be sleeveless. I have seen many of the women in our office building and at church wear it layered this way, especially if their loose tunic has a semitransparent bottom border. With that it is already layered a bit to begin with, so adding a shorter sweater or cropped jacket should look fine. I've even seen a lot of these type tunics with slim jeans or jeggings and a cropped denim jacket.

Respected Contributor

@diamondscribe - Thanks for your help.  I decided to order the black size 6 pants and the small pink tunic top.  I plan to wear this to a company event in May.  I suppose I'll have to hem the pants, but that's okay.  I just hope the tunic top and pants will look okay with a shrug or short sweater.  I have a white Linea shrug, but I wonder if that would be too casual.  I just don't want to wer the tunic top without something over it.

Honored Contributor

How tall are you? @Lyn08 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Wow I thought I would pass on the pants but they look awesome.  This is going to be a great show I am so glad I taped it!

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom5'8" tall

Valued Contributor

I'm a little worried about sizing, the hip measurement is larger and the wrist is smallerin these pants, usually I am a 31-32 in the waist and 41 in the hip which is about a 10-12, the hip in the size 8 is 43.

Which size to order?