Regular Contributor

J331643.....for those who got the gold one...

just received the ribbon necklace in gold and am a little surprised. I had ordered a previous necklace from him, believe it may have been called the "tablet" necklace, or something similar, in what he described as a rich, "Russian gold", not quite a matte, which is how he described this one. The one I received is dark, almost a bronze color, not at all as was described. Did anyone else receive their gold one?  I don't think I'll keep it. The gunmetal is very true to color and quite lovely but am disappointed in the old and wonder if this was a fluke....

Honored Contributor

Re: J331643.....for those who got the gold one...

@dodies, I ordered the gold one but I believe it will be delivered tomorrow. 

Valued Contributor

I didn't know what to expect, but what I got isn't it. I see the "gold" selection as looking like a tarnished beat up looking piece, rather like the old Turkish bazaar jewelry. To my eye, it's very casual (but then the style itself is casual), bohemian. There is definitely an old, dirty look, lots of black markings on each piece, looks scratched and dented.  Interesting that look can be achieved with paint (coating), a trompe l'oeil.

The more I look at it, the more I love it.  It has the same beat up look the long necklace with the crosses has (I have that in silver tone), a Linea favorite of mine.

Respected Contributor

@JGalt

As I was reading your description I was thinking you didn't like it but then was surprised to read you love it. You have me considering the gold now (I ordered the gunmetal). It sounds interesting. I don't expect that I'd wear other jewelry with this other than a simple pair of earrings, but it sounds like regular gold hoops wouldn't go?
Valued Contributor

@crazycockermom, I haven't played with earrings yet.  The color of the necklace is not like my gold earrings, but more importantly, all my gold earrings are shiny, polished.  I do own costume earrings that are matte and darker, that may be better. 

Look at LDO blog, "the royal blue swing sweater". Blow up the picture and look at it very close up.  What I described can be clearly seen.

Regular Contributor

Hi jGault: now that I have "lived" with the necklace a little,I am finding that I do like it, and probably will keep it. I do like artisanal jewelry and this does look like something from a Turkish bazaar....guess I was primed for the matte gold that I really liked on the earlier necklace.....all in one's own perspective I guess! 😄

Valued Contributor

I've been looking more at the gold necklace, hoping to provide a better description so if anyone is considering ordering, they will know what to expect.  I looked In varying light, including outdoors in the shade. The color is not the color of any karat of yellow gold. I think it's like a combination of dull brass and Mexican silver. 

For earrings, I likely will not wear gold earrings. My costume matte gold would be OK, although not a match, but style-wise aren't a fit. Mexican silver works or go with beads or anything Bohemian.  I hope others will chime in because I know we all see things differently.

Anyway, I think this is a very cool piece.  I wanted to be descriptive about the color and finish because I remember some ladies didn't like the long cross station necklace once they saw the finish in person (whereas that is definitely my favorite Linea jewelry.)

Respected Contributor

@JGalt

Thanks! The pic with the blue sweater does show it more clearly. I really like the finish! Probably moreso than a typical gold finish. Although I don't necessarily want to spend another $75 right now, lol. Not sure I have any earrings that would go with it though. I'll have to think about it.
Honored Contributor

i have ordered all three of these and they are all still "in process" at this time. i am hoping to see them SOON! i hope i have some earrings to go with the gold......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I received mine in the gunmetal and is really is an edgy modern great piece; it isn't heavy either, very open and airy.  I like it a lot.  I imagine in the other colors it would have an entirely different "vibe."  There, I said it, eeek, "vibe."