Respected Contributor

Re: It's November -- What Linea are you wearing?

Tuesday I showed up for an important doctor's appointment THE WRONG MONTH! I do not do this sort of thing but the appointment was made by phone by a new secretary. Since the real appointment was on Dec. 23 at 3 o'clock the doctor fit me in. He said he would be able to finish his Xmas shopping!

I wore my new favorite Linea leisure hoodie dress in berry; thick black stylish compression tights and a thin Tneck. Short shaft aerosole moto boots. A berry colored beret and black gloves.

You look great, said one of his staff. "She always does, replied the other."

This a.m. I wore the same outfit to a Thanksgiving breakfast. The hostess, who rarely gives compliments, kept telling me how great I looked. She thought I lost weight. I've gained seven lbs from my meds and I'm a small person. Her husband said the zipper looked sexy; someone would want to pull it done a bit more.

Esteemed Contributor

Heading out to a 7pm dinner at the home of friends; for once it's chilly in LA! As planned, wearing the black sequin skirt, a Malo cashmere fitted v-neck sweater, and black velvet boots I've had forever. Added some diamond studs. Feeling chic and yet very comfortable.

Will be happy to get home though and into jammies. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

namealreadytaken

we sound like sisters. it sounds like you have lupus. I don't but have Sjogren's, Crohn's, and another autoimmune diseases. I also have blond lashes and brows. I don't have your lush eyebrows but mine have not been affected by the Sjogren's and are still long. I use brown mascara; Diorshow makes the best brown and very subltle eye m/u. It's more work than using more e/m/up. To quote Dolly Parton: "It takes a lot of money to look so cheap."

I use little or no m/u on brows. When I do I found that Joan Rivers hair m/u powder in blonde is perfect.

My eyes are very sensitive and I have to take of every bit of mascara, and I mean every bit. I'm going to try Lancome remover. Last week I was tired, used Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads, missed a smidgen and had to spend the whole next day doing drops every half hour.

NAME:  I meant to say eyelashes instead of eyebrows that were triple thickness.  It really makes mascara a job to remove since I have so many and so thick but that was the blessing since my eyebrows and eyelashes are blond.  

I have MS and some other autoimmune diseases, but that was my first diagnosis.  I really think it is connective tissue disease but I am not the expert, just the guiena pig. I have to use drops for dry eyes but I have not been diagnosed with Sjogren's, just optic neuritis.  Ah, life is a blessing and it is worth all that we have to endure just to be a part of this wonderful world.  And to think we have it easy compared to so many millions of others.  I thank God for all He has given me and all that is to come.  

I am happy to know that you are taking care of your eyes and do let me know how you like the Lancome.  I know that everybody's body reacts differently but everyone I know who has tried it, likes it.  I wish you the very best!!!!