Honored Contributor

Re: It's March. What Linea are you wearing today?

@golding76I can imagine myself being there enjoying the comraderie.

Today I am wearing the light tan/cream WK V neck sweater over the taupe Leisure pants. I have 2028 jewlery hoop earrings on. It's a trip to the supermarket before the rain gets heavier.

Wearing on eyes Lancome Showstopper Style eyeshadows with UD Whiskey eyeliner on lower lash line and the UD Razor Sharp Snakebite shade on the upper lash line.Using the Lancome New Nude blush on cheeks and tried the BECCA Prosecco Pop highligher above it. Very pretty and not as shimmery as the Opal shade in the powder version.

Have a great weekend everyone!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JJM, I wish you had been there because you would have thrilled to the same thing that inspires me and always makes me happy.  Not that my older son doesn't "get" me, but I wanted him to fully understand why I marvel at gatherings that are multi-ethnic, multi-colored and believing in various faiths.  When I was in my freshman year in high school, another Greek-American girl from Cincinnati arrived in my small town to stay.  Was I ever thrilled when she joined my high school class!  I belonged to a sort of "gang" that counted among its members some regular all-American gals (the brainiest class member and the class actress, among them) but also the two Jewish girls in our graduating class.  One day I became aware of how unselfconsciously we wore plaids that originally belonged to Scottish/Irish clans.  Of course plaid kilts were the fashion -- and we were fashionable young ladies -- but it suddenly hit me that had we still been in our native Russia, Germany,  Poland or Greece, we would very likely not be wearing these plaids.  Sounds sort of strange, I know, but once I had this awareness of how most Americans become one and adopt the culture of one another, it never went away.  Have you ever noticed that most Americans have the same sort of smile that gives them away as belonging to Uncle Sam?  We have a way about us.  But I digress from my point that I love the way this country allows different nationalities to become one with something bigger than them.  

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

JJM, I wish you had been there because you would have thrilled to the same thing that inspires me and always makes me happy.  Not that my older son doesn't "get" me, but I wanted him to fully understand why I marvel at gatherings that are multi-ethnic, multi-colored and believing in various faiths.  When I was in my freshman year in high school, another Greek-American girl from Cincinnati arrived in my small town to stay.  Was I ever thrilled when she joined my high school class!  I belonged to a sort of "gang" that counted among its members some regular all-American gals (the brainiest class member and the class actress, among them) but also the two Jewish girls in our graduating class.  One day I became aware of how unselfconsciously we wore plaids that originally belonged to Scottish/Irish clans.  Of course plaid kilts were the fashion -- and we were fashionable young ladies -- but it suddenly hit me that had we still been in our native Russia, Germany,  Poland or Greece, we would very likely not be wearing these plaids.  Sounds sort of strange, I know, but once I had this awareness of how most Americans become one and adopt the culture of one another, it never went away.  Have you ever noticed that most Americans have the same sort of smile that gives them away as belonging to Uncle Sam?  We have a way about us.  But I digress from my point that I love the way this country allows different nationalities to become one with something bigger than them.  

People can tell we are American by the clothes and shoes we wear -- clothing with little logos, white sneakers and of course the baseball cap of some  American baseball team. That gives us away. 

But many years ago BC (before children) we traveled to Vienna on a trip and people thought DH was British and I Italian. I went to take a photo of the altar at St. Stephen's Dom or Cathedral and the guard told me in Italian -- that's impossible! I said to DH, oh look, the guard thinks I'm Italian! We didn't dress in the clothes I mentioned above. I wore skirts and comfortable shoes to tour.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wearing today the mallard blue WK V neck sweater over the taupe Leisure pants. Today is pick up sales at supermarket day so wearing sneakers for that. 

Makeup -- Lancôme Showstopper Style eyeshadow palette with Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil Deep End on lash lines.

24/7 in color Deep End

Jewelry -- Lauren by Ralph Lauren necklace with matching earrings.

Lauren Ralph Lauren Gold-Tone Multi-Bead and Pavé Layer NecklaceLauren Ralph Lauren Gold-Tone Multi-Bead and Pavé Linear Drop Earrings

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

OK I have to ask - What are pick-up sales at supermarket days?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne

Stores have 'enticements' to get you into the store! 3# bag of yellow onions for .99 cents with store coupon, Halos 3 # bag clementines for 3.99 with store coupon and with my manufacturer's coupon of 50 cents, it was doubled to drop down to 2.99! Both were without needing to spend a certain $ amount.  Fortunately, my store has plenty the 1st day of the weekly sales.