Valued Contributor

Re: Imperial Violet Swing Sweater...

@MacDUFF, you have both the merlot and violet. Did you notice any size difference in the 2 colors. I ordered both in the same size, butthe merlot is way looser and llonger than the violet. I just received them yesterday so I haven't had a chance to see which is closer to the measurements JustJazzMom posted in another thread. But there is a significant difference, especially in length.

Respected Contributor

@diamondscribe wrote:

@MacDUFF, you have both the merlot and violet. Did you notice any size difference in the 2 colors. I ordered both in the same size, butthe merlot is way looser and llonger than the violet. I just received them yesterday so I haven't had a chance to see which is closer to the measurements JustJazzMom posted in another thread. But there is a significant difference, especially in length.

I just got both my Imperial Violet and Merlot yesterday, but have not opened them yet, so I'll go do that and report back on sizing..........

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@diamondscribe

Hi diamond...I have the merlot in the leisure raglan top and the violet in the swing sweater.  The 2 swing sweaters are an exact match size wise.  The sizing problems at the Q are why I buy very, very few clothes here...totally lose my cool when the same item in another color is different!  I would call CS and tell them I want my S&H back!!

@all LOL

I decided to stop pining away over the mulberry that I missed out on and embrace the violet!!  Besides, this ENR is simply and truthfully the best sweater material I've ever owned and the silhouette and fit are perfect for me, so I'm keeping it.

I totally agree with @Maxine49 that it looks really purple in the daylight...and seems brighter...inside it looks bluer and darker...go figure.  

I wore it today with DG2 straight leg chambray jeans and loved it!  I felt casually elegant and age appropriate and downright sassy!  I put my hair up and put a little sashay in my step and felt fabulous...until I got home and realized I had forgotten to finish putting my make-up on what with all my vain prancing in front of the mirror ROFLOL!!

Temps hovered around 70 and I didn't feel hot at all.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my violet sweater and absolutely adore the color!  I am so happy that its not close to last year's mulberry because I already have that one and black.  I want another of these sweaters but dont like any of the other colors.  I was considering the merlot but reading that its a rusty red I dont want to return it.  I prefer a true red and the tobacco is not a color I can wear either,

I am hoping Louis does this in a V neck!

Respected Contributor

I ended up ordering the tobacco and violet.  Was trying to get just one but couldn't choose.  Oh well!

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

I ended up ordering the tobacco and violet.  Was trying to get just one but couldn't choose.  Oh well!

I love your name...

I love this sweater (Tobacco, and Mulberry from last year).  I may go back and get the Violet, even if it's the same color as the Linea Leisure top.  The sweater is a dressier version of the top.  Have to check my purchases, though, since I ordered the Plum MOTO jacket once more jackets came back in stock.

Honored Contributor

I had a cashmere sweater this color, which looks like royal blue to me, back in the 1980s.  I wore it with winter white slacks and jacket which I purchased at Casual Corner.  Still remember all the compliments I got on it, wore gold jewelry and my sapphire right hand ring.  It was stunning with the winter white.  

Respected Contributor

I was holding strong, but all this Imperial Violet talk made me do it and order one!  When I was in high school in the early 60's one of my favorite colors was "royal purple" and I'm hoping this will be similiar.  It looks very rich and beautiful and I am convincing myself I need one to add that color to my stone suede jacket, grey or black or ivory or olive coats.  

I love this style of sweater and it fits me perfectly, has the high neckline I love for colder months, and is very flattering.  I size down in it from XL to L as it is quite generously cut.  I like the fitted shoulders and sleeves and the gentle flare out over the hips, lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

Truly, if you are a "purple girl" you'll love this violet, especially with winter white as someone mentioned...which would be IMHO the best color to wear it with if you like a contrast.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

My imperial violet swing sweater arrived today, fits well, and the color is glorious, exactly the "royal purple" of my teens that I recalled and hoped this would mimic.  It is so rich and vibrant - purple lovers will love this one!

This is the prettiest sweater with the narrow fitted long sleeves, so flattering, and the asymmetrical hem is not at all overdone.  Love the neckline too, guess that's why I have 5 of these now.....yikes.