Esteemed Contributor

Imperial Violet Swing Sweater A259620...

A poster on LDO's blog mentioned how the Imp. Violet looked cobalt blue...and it does to me, too.  He said it was a blue purple.  I like cobalt, but really want a different color...something different from what I already own. 

He also said the color was the same as the violet LL raglan top.  I watched the vid, but it still looks blue to me.

Q:  Do you own the LL raglan top in violet and, if so, is it definitely purple?  Or is it a toss-up...could go either way (it's purple, no it's blue, no no it looks purple, nope it's blue)??

@JustJazzmom  I think it was you who posted a pic of the violet raglan top a while back??  What would you call the color??

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Imperial Violet Swing Sweater A259620...

@MacDUFF

I think its the way our cameras captured the color-- it is definitely a purple color. The monitor I have, the photo here online, the photo on Louis' blog make it look more in the blue family than the purple family, but looking at it (its in my hands now)-- it is a purple color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks 'jazz...you're a doll!!  I can't wait to get mine!

@JustJazzmom

Valued Contributor

Really hoping they don't sell out right away. I'd like a shot at pink or merlot, but cannot afford it before payday at the end of the month.

Esteemed Contributor

@rac71

His next show is 10/7...hopefully they won't sellout before then (has this ever happened?)...but, you could put them on check-hold.  Hope you get the one you want!

Trusted Contributor

Wonder how the Imperial Violet compares to last year's Mulberry?

Honored Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

Wonder how the Imperial Violet compares to last year's Mulberry?

@TexasMom1

Two different colors-- the mulberry is more of a lilacy berry purple and imperial violet is like a royal purple color.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the black and mulberry from last year and just ordered the imperial violet.  I dont do pink and that tobacco has a lot of red in it.  I cant wear that red brown shade well. 

I was hoping for a dark grey in this one but will be happy with the violet this year.  I love that sweater! 

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@rac71

His next show is 10/7...hopefully they won't sellout before then (has this ever happened?)...but, you could put them on check-hold.  Hope you get the one you want!

We'll see. Teaching during the show, can't watch. I'd rather see the colors first. If it's meant to be, I'll get one.