Respected Contributor

Just curious? Do Chicago women dress or is it jeans and leggings like I see here.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

I did not see the poofed threads so thank you for your time posting again.

I have great respect for March. I grew up in Buffalo, N.Y. and live in the Boston area. I have three long coats. I was hoping to take one of the pretty ones: red wool, or white not so puffy. But I'll probably end up with my LE to thirty below coat. I will wear waterproof boots going there.

I thought of buying the red jacket because I have the t's and the skirt. I was trying to skirt to one color and have more hunter green. But you're right: red is my lucky color and if it's a dreary March will pop things up.

I was also thinking of the coat sweater in green and fuschia because because I have the fuschia t and the hunter pants that Louis recommended.

@lavendar If you can swing it do pick up the red jacket. It's so cool and I believe that the price has been reduced! If I recall, you were concerned about sizing, or maybe that was the scarlet red tunic shirt...anyways I went up from a 6 to the 8 in order to layer. Plus the color is great with grey, black or navy bottoms, even winter white would be sharp! Super color that won't disappoint.

I love the green and fuschia sweater coat colors. I would've considered it if I didn't already own Louis' vintage boucle stroller in green with the pink to fuschia embroidery. It's a head turning conversation starter whenever I wear it. I know you'll experience the same with the sweater coat too!

Respected Contributor

I'd love to take the topper I bought a few years ago. Bright red with black embroidery. It also came in white and black. I should see if It will fit under any of my long coats.

I don't want to be thought of as the sickly maiden aunt who has a back bedroom in the house (think Jane Austen.) She'd never wear that item.

Contributor

Bubble umbrellas are the answer for Chicago.

Respected Contributor

Do you mean the clear kind that come way down. The last one I had flew away in Buffalo. Buffalo is actually windier but never got the accolade. I was crossing the street that is considered the windiest. One small person can't make it so one waits for someone to hold on too. I only weighed about 115 lbs (many moons ago) so I gave my unbrella to a man and linked arms with him and another pedestrian. He lost the umbrella.

My uncle used to call me and say,"Small craft warnings are up."

Valued Contributor

Check the weather patterns.  March is usually cold still but you can get a fluke and end up with spring like weather.  If  you are in your hotel room wear something comfortable.  You might want to wear some basic layers that can be jazzed up  with a necklace or a scarf if you decide to go to a brunch.  Most colors in Chicago are somber in winter and most will not be wearing spring clothes yet.

Respected Contributor

I was going to travel in my hoodie dress over a T. I will wear my compression leggings which are REALLY warm. I'll take a pair of LL pants. That should give me enough for the room. I'll wear high waterproof boots.

I can pack an outfit of all my red items. I think I'll see if the red topper with embroidery will take much room in my suitcase.

And the LBD.

Regular Contributor

You will be stunning in that topper. It is one of the very best Linea pieces. I'm from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and a lover of Chicago. The weather-locale wardrobe advice you've received here is spot on. The Vivienne Files, a blog, also has excellent packing advice and I believe that the blogger is a Chicagoan.