Respected Contributor

How does your textured top (A265603) fit you?

Just curious how everyone is liking this top.  I know some sized up, but did all of you?  Does yours gap at the back of the neck?   Mine does (and I'm ok with that), but don't know if sizing up would solve that issue.  It seems to fit fine everywhere else.  Fitted, but not obnoxiously tight.  I love this top, got two colors, just want to feel confident I have the right size.  I hate having to order the next size up to try it...

A265603

Linea by Louis DellOlio Textured Short Sleeve Top

Honored Contributor

Re: How does your textured top (A265603) fit you?

I was one who sized up due to the sweep of the garment. It is now semi-fitted on me w/o gapping at the neck or elsewhere in a Medium. It washed well on cold water wash/rinse and I hung to dry -- no shrinkage noted.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I was one who sized up due to the sweep of the garment. It is now semi-fitted on me w/o gapping at the neck or elsewhere in a Medium. It washed well on cold water wash/rinse and I hung to dry -- no shrinkage noted.

Thanks so much for replying.  Sounds like I need to go ahead and try the next size up.  Question to self:  so do I go ahead and order both colors in a size larger?  Then what about the dress?  The dress fits fine, or so I thought...

Valued Contributor

Question for the OP, if the top gaps at the back of the neck, how would sizing UP help you? Wouldn't that make the gap bigger? Or are you thinking it gaps because it is too tight across the bust? On me, things will gap across the back because my shoulders are narrower than the shoulder dimensions, not because of the bust being too tight. When I pull the garment wider across my shoulders (so it droops down on the sleeves), then the gap disappears). 

Respected Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

Question for the OP, if the top gaps at the back of the neck, how would sizing UP help you? Wouldn't that make the gap bigger? Or are you thinking it gaps because it is too tight across the bust? On me, things will gap across the back because my shoulders are narrower than the shoulder dimensions, not because of the bust being too tight. When I pull the garment wider across my shoulders (so it droops down on the sleeves), then the gap disappears). 

I notice that when I pull the sleeves down over my shoulders a bit, the gap behind my neck goes away, but they won't stay down like that.  I'm not big in the bust, but my shoulders are wide so maybe if I went up, it would fit better in the shoulders and then not gap??   I'm not sure if you and I are describing the same thing because I'm thinking my shoulders are wider than the garment dimensions, not narrower.  I don't know what to do....

Valued Contributor

Just received mine in blue in xs. It is fitted, as I expected, and there was a slight gap in the back until I widened the shoulders/sleeves a tad and the gap disappeared. I like the top a lot, and think it will look great with dark jeans if it ever gets cool enough to wear them. It will also look good with white ones, and the same caveat applies. (I live outside of Houston, and it has been so hot lately that wearing any clothes is an effort lately. The thought of long pants makes me gasp right now!)