Respected Contributor

I received my new Linea hooded sweater today in Oatmeal.  The sweater is absolutely gorgeous and expensive looking.  The fabric and feel is so soft.  I ordered my usual Linea size in sweaters and it skimmed the body beautifully.  I will say this sweater far exceeded  my expectations. It looks lovely with my Linea slim ankle Lt. Khaki pants-a beautiful outfit.  So much fun to receive such lovely clothing from Louis Dell Olio and his Linea Collection

Respected Contributor

I also received the Oatmeal Hooded Sweater, and I agree that it is great.  It's so soft and pretty, and I'll definitely try it with the Light Khaki Ankle Pants.

Valued Contributor

I had to pass on it, at 24inch in length it was just too short for me!  It would only look skimpy on my tall frame.  I do like the looks and would have bought one or two had they been a few inches longer!  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Not sure which one of his two sweaters you're talking about.  I saw two of them in his lineup.

Don't hate me for me comparison but last year I bought a beautiful heathered oatmeal hooded longer sweater by D&Co.  The h ood is lined with a very soft sherpa.  LOVE this sweater in the dead of winter, so very cozy, keeps me warm as it's a heavy one perfect for the CCCOLD!!!!

Respected Contributor

They are very different, and serve two different purposes. That doesn't make one better than the other, so I think your opinion is very valid. The Linea one is much lighter and can be worn all year. It can also be worn in a dressier way. The D&C one is really a cold weather pull over. I think you need both.

Respected Contributor
@PINKdogWOOD
The sweater being discussed is A268127

I ordered it in each color in my usual WK size. I first tried on the oatmeal and was a little disappointed. It seemed a little small. But then I tried on the blue and taupe and they fit much better. Gorgeous colors. I decided to order a size up in the oatmeal and see how that works.

I love hoodies and especially love that these are lightweight (I live in FL) and comfy and can be dressed up or down.

I do wish they were a tad longer since I have a long torso, but they are ok, not too short.
Trusted Contributor

Even though I loved the look of the sweater I wasn't going to order due to the wool and length. I read where he said not to be afraid of the wool content and when I saw Jac in the taupe..which is the color I wanted..it didn't appear so short on her long body. I'm 5' so even though it says 24" long she's got more inches on me and I liked where it hit her. Decided to take a chance and ordered the taupe in small. Finally shipped so it's on it's way. Keeping my fingers crossed. The length will be fine but sure hope the wool is not itchy. Taking him at his word and would hate to have to return. The taupe looks beautiful and better with my coloring than the other two options.

Respected Contributor
@Sadiesadie
I didn't find it to be itchy at all and I consider myself to be sensitive to such things. I have some cashmere turtlenecks that I can't wear anymore because they make my neck itch like crazy.

I hope it works for you and isn't itchy. The taupe is a beautiful color. Hope you like it!
Esteemed Contributor

I was worried about my oatmeal hooded sweater because there has been no tracking info available.  But suddenly, there it was at my door a little while ago.  I rushed to try it on with my khaki slim leg pants and what a beautiful outfit!  I ordered the larger of my two Linea sizes because I wanted and looser, slouchy fit and that's exactly what I got.  Perfect!  This is a beauty that looks more expensive than it is.  Now for me there is one negative - and this is just me.  It felt somewhat scratchy on my arms.  The body is ok, because the fit is not tight, but the sleeves fit right against my arms.  I'm not sure this is because of the small wool content, possibly it's the viscose.  The fabric feels so soft in my hand, so I'm not sure why it feels different on the body.  But it's not bad enough that I would return because it's so darned flattering and looks great with the matching pants.  I'm going to hand wash as per the instructions and see if that helps.  I'm definitely not parting with it!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

It could be the wool @shoesnbags, some of us are more sensitive than others are to wool blends.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼