Respected Contributor

HELP!!Hoodie dress : friend said I should wear it every day. Which other color or same?

I wrote a detailed explanation on "What are you wearing" re hoodie dress. I had stopped shopping but knew I had to have it. Reds are great on me and I ordered berry. I knew it was "me."

I literally have recieved more compliments on the few days I wore it than I remember on another article of clothing. From practically strangers to a close friend who notices but rarely compliments.

There are two other colors left. Blue is safe but I rarely wear it. Olive is a great color on me (I have green eyes, fair pink skin and dark blonde hair.) However, olives vary and I'm concerned about this one. My friend didn't know it came in other colors and said to get a second berry.

Can someone describe the olive? It's not appealing on the video. I think I saved the DVR and will play it back.

All opinions are welcome.

Honored Contributor

Re: HELP!!Hoodie dress : friend said I should wear it every day. Which other color or same?

What is the item number...I bet you should get another if it looks that great on you...so go for it in whatever color you think looks good with your coloring

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HELP!!Hoodie dress : friend said I should wear it every day. Which other color or same?

Oh, I don't have this color but I did buy a similar color last year in the poncho. This olivine looks likes that olive branch color which has brown rather than yellow undertones; it's much better on. Hopefully someone will come back with better advice! 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A267869  I got the olive poncho last year and returned it. It just didn't work on me. It was the first time I didn't look good in olive but it also had other issues, one being I have no shoulders and looked like "I just came off the boat." My mother said it better in Yiddish, which has no translation.

Louis said the olive on the hoodie dress is more brown, which means less green. I need the green.

I think I'll get the blue. It looks close enough to a jewel tone to work. Also the wrong shade of olive with black seems drab for the dull months we're having.

Anyone have the blue? I'll get  the black scarf to complete them both. I have black berets.

Too bad. That was the only olive that didn't work on me.

Respected Contributor

How about adding a print pashmina that has the shade of blue in it? Do you live in an area (like NYC) where you can buy them from street vendors? They can really be the finishing tough to an outfit. I have dozens of them in dozens of colors. You can get them for about $5.00 each. They make great gifts, too.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't want to wear a pashmina with the hoodie dress. It's the shape and cut of the dress that shows off so well. I can handle most blues and do wear teal well. Louis' black scarf will be next to my face and I'll be wearing a black tneck or shell underneath.

But thank you for the suggestion. My niece works in the west village in Manhattan and is a great shopper. She's coming in for xmas and I'll ask her to pick one up to go with all the green columns of color I have. We wear the same colors except she has blue eyes and mine are green. She shops the street vendors and is very savvy

I wish we had them in Boston; I remember getting some great stuff in New York.

Respected Contributor

I have a nice collection of lapis jewelry  so that will help.