Valued Contributor

May I have your opinions on the difference in weight and feel between A285546, the new WK crew neck sweater and A279525, the ribbed neck sweater?

I own the ribbed sweater and the enr is weighty (not in a negative way). On line and in presentations, the newer sweater seems "finer" or more lightweight in texture. I'd like to purchase this sweater, but I don't want to be disappointed. I'm hoping for it not to be as "beefy" as the ribbed sweater. One seems more casual, I'm looking for the other to be a little bit dressier. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Own both and to me, the ribbed sweater is heftier than the new crew neck. I just took it out of the wash to hang dry and even when wet, it feels heavier than the WK crew sweater. The new crew neck sweater is dressier IMO. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I totally agree with JustJazzMom - just took my ribbed winter white out of the washer and it is air drying on a rack now.  It is heavier than the WK's due to the cotton content, and it is more casual, like the old Shaker knits from way back when.  It is slouchy and stretches more than ENR WK's.

The new WK ENR sweater is lovely, typical smooth and silky WK, more sophisticated, more dressy, but can be dressed down as well.  One of the reasons I love these WK ENR sweaters is the versatility, the drape and feel of the knit, and the saturation of color the yarn can take, beautiful.

Frequent Contributor

I'm interested in the fit between these two sweaters. I found the ribbed sweater casual and just a bit big in my usual XL. I toyed with sending it back for a large, but kept the XL and actually dry it completely in the dryer to "tighten" it up. Does the new crew neck ENR fit about the same, or is it a bit closer fit? Thanks for any advice!

Honored Contributor

I ordered both in my usual Small, the ENR one is slightly more semi fitted than the ribbed one, but I can wear both styles. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼