Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone own A273780

[ Edited ]

That's right.  They are sisters or cousins, right?  We are experiencing coming-and-going storms, power shutoff, etc.  So, my answers might be wonky.  Ha ha.  

Honored Contributor

Two very different companies but if LINEA was an online store with classic designs, CWC IMO would be that store.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday

Sorry when I replied about the color, I didn't really think about the style of the jacket you were considering.  I think it is an outdoor jacket.  You could wear the combo to the theatre, but for a black tie event I just think it might not be right.  The EF one obviously appears to be for a dressy event, and looks like an indoor jacket, and yes, it is lovely and very pricey.

Hope you find a jacket that works!

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

@Nonametoday

Sorry when I replied about the color, I didn't really think about the style of the jacket you were considering.  I think it is an outdoor jacket.  You could wear the combo to the theatre, but for a black tie event I just think it might not be right.  The EF one obviously appears to be for a dressy event, and looks like an indoor jacket, and yes, it is lovely and very pricey.

Hope you find a jacket that works!

Author, that is what I thought that was what you meant, to wear the JR one for the theater.  I am still getting it because I can wear it with this and so many other things for the right occasion but I think I need something for the wedding but it's going to be a treasure hunt.  I have come to respect your fashion opinions and count on reading them as you have posted.  I always think of you as a fashionista.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday

Thanks so much!  I do enjoy fashion, and love to come here and get ideas and give input without all the snarkiness.  I have learned a lot and become more adventurous in fashion, and also more discriminating about what I buy.  

I hope the jacket works out in the way you expect.  It's also about proportion as Louis always mentions, and I find that to be so true.  When you put it all together and try it on you will know if it is right.

The sateen in the Joan Rivers jackets is very luxe, doesn't look "rain coat-y" but rich and wonderful. And of course you can pair it with so many other things in the future!