Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers cotton sateen jacket in stone?  If so, if you have ordered the pants and top in the crepe gauze in alabaster, would you compare the colors, please.

I am thinking of buying this jacke to wear with the pants and tunic/tank top in this color.  Eileen Fisher has a similar outfit with a similar swing jacket and it is gorgeoous at about 3 times the price.  I just don't want to order and the color be completely off but if no one has the items for comparison, I might just order anyway.

Respected Contributor

I have a JR cotton sateen double breasted coat (no longer available) in Stone, so don't know if it is the same color/fabric as the one you like or not.  I have the alabaster short sleeved sweater and the black/al. cardi, and the color is very close.

Not a dead-on match, but looks fine to me and I'd wear it as a tonal outfit.  The alabaster tends to be a more peach undertone, the stone a khaki, but VERY close!  Definitely the trend of the tonal nudes where they don't match spot on but all blend together.  I like this, and will wear the alabaster sweater with the joan rivers coat, nice.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Author, think I need to submit.  I do believe the EF was only tonal and not an identical match.  I saw it in Saks a couple weeks ago and fell in love with the outfit but not the price so I was gobsmacked to see the combination of Louis items and the one JR that looked like what I had drooled for.  

Respected Contributor

You could also play up the slight difference in color by adding ivory or another tonal in a bag, belt, shoes, etc.  I think that would be lovely.  Good luck, the JR sateen is spectacular, truly.  I have it in stone and ordered the same jacket again when it was on killer clearance in black, also wonderful.  Very rich looking, great fit and presence.  

Honored Contributor

This looks like an outdoor jacket and not necessarily an 'indoor' suit type jacket IMO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone own A273780

[ Edited ]

JJM, I thought so when I looked at it at first.  Then I watched the video and decided it was okay.  I plan to wear it to theater and to an after-5 wedding with the long pants instead of long gown.  Then I go back and look at the Eileen Fisher one and it looks the same.  On the Nordstrom website it is not paired like I saw it at Sak's, but (probably because it is Sak's), everything looks good and right.  

I don't want to have to pay the price for EF's when JR's looks very similar.  I think I will go back to Sak's (we don't have a Nordstrom nearby) and ask the saleslady how will that work for an after 5-event.  They have the same top and very close pants in same color but in silk.  Jacket is also half silk and no one will know the difference unless some of you are the same event I attend.  Man Very Happy

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Ignore the spoiler tag.  Old eyes and tired hands.

Honored Contributor

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306418048&PRODUCT...

I may have committed what is considered a fatal sin but if you look at this, please tell me I am not crazy thinking I can pair it with the top and pants for an evening wedding or the theater.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday That price is crazy!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Theater yes. Is the wedding black tie? In the Boston area it wouldn't matter. No one dresses up much (I used to do publicity for non profit galas.)